Spain: Spanish Language & Culture
The Experiment in International Living participants with a local The Experiment in International Living participants with a local

Spain: Spanish Language & Culture

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

Las maravillas de España

The few days before the others on my program and I would inevitably meet at the airport to travel to Spain, I was overwhelmed with nerves. I kept wondering: what was in store in the upcoming month? As soon as I met my leaders and peers, my jitters instantly melted away. The leaders made me feel so incredibly welcome and comfortable. Our group would soon turn into a family by the end of the month. Not only was my group amazing, but so were all the planned activities that we did together. I can't even name all of the fun activities that we did! We went on a graffiti scavenger hunt, explored the Alhambra, participated in language classes, did community service in Guadix, and traversed the beautiful landscapes of Castril. What made this trip so meaningful was that I got to do all of these wonderful things with my best friends.

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

An experiment worth experiencing

My experience in Spain was a dream come true. Not only did I become more confident with myself and my decisions, but I have grown familiar with the Spanish culture and made an amazing family along the way. Being in Spain was like being in whole new world because I have never left the country before until now. I decided to go to Spain to become more immersed with the culture and meet people who would leave a huge impact on my life, which is exactly what happened. I learned more Spanish being with my home stay family, who took the time to include me in every aspect of their traditions, and in doing so created unbreakable bonds. I explored extraordinary places throughout the country with my group and made new incredible friends along the way. Seeing the country and doing unbelievable activities with my group members and group leaders allowed me to open more and fall in love with diversity all over again. What made this experience so inspirational is getting to make new long lasting relationships that I know will stay with me forever. This was an experiment worth experiencing because I made more families along the way, seen and been to places I've never been before, and learned more about myself as an individual. I will forever be grateful.