SAI Programs: Study Abroad in Sicily
SAI Programs Header Image SAI Programs Header Image

SAI Programs: Study Abroad in Sicily

An experience of a lifetime in my favorite place in the world

Studying abroad in Siracusa, Sicily was unlike any of the other three study abroad experiences I have had. Siracusa (or Syracuse in English) is a 2,700 year-old city located in the southeast corner of the island of Sicily and it boasts amazing history, cuisine, culture, and more. I would highly recommend students to consider this program because there is not a better place to be in the summer than studying on an island in the Mediterranean surrounded by so many locals, ancient ruins, great weather and food. The classes I took were so interesting and we went on really unique field trips where we actually got to see, touch, smell, and experience the things we were learning about as opposed to sitting in a lecture every day. Outside of the classroom, I found it incredibly easy to mingle with locals, practice the language, and immerse myself in Sicilian culture. Prior to studying abroad in Sicily, I had never left the United States. SAI made my experience so easy that I decided to study abroad with them two more times in Florence and Sorrento because when I came home from Sicily I thought to myself, "I just had the most incredible personal and academic experience of my life and SAI made it so easy- I need to do it again"!