SIT TESOL Certificate at Rennert New York TESOL Center
SIT TESOL Certificate - World Learning Header Image SIT TESOL Certificate - World Learning Header Image

SIT TESOL Certificate at Rennert New York TESOL Center

• Published Content

• Job Search Guidance

• Quality of the Course

• Practical Experience

• Pre-Enrollment Advice

• Course Instructor

Practice makes better!

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is looking to have a crash course in becoming a TEFL/ESL teacher. The course is an intensive one requiring the participants full dedication to it. I believe that this course if extremely effective, but that the participants have to be quite self-motivated and focused to make it through successfully - it is challenging. That being said, the trainers do a wonderful job at boosting participant motivation and keeping the participants focused while in the course. The intensive course is almost more than full-time for a month, which would also mean that individuals looking to become participants should not expect to also work a second job - they would have to be financially secure in some form or fashion to be able to dedicate the full month to this course, though it is well worth it in my humble opinion.

For the course itself, you start teaching during the first week! Teaching so soon is nerve wracking, but also exhilarating and once you meet the students it's that much more motivating to start teaching because the students are truly such a wonderful bunch of people. Everyday almost is a new lesson or a new module, which is expected because of how short the course it - so it requires that dedication I mentioned previously. It's also a wonderful experience to be around such a culturally diverse set of people and getting to know them over the course of the few weeks is quite special. I hope this helps you, future participant, to join!

• Published Content

• Job Search Guidance

• Quality of the Course

• Practical Experience

• Pre-Enrollment Advice

• Course Instructor

Intensely enriching experience

I recently completed the 4-week intensive class to receive my SIT TESOL certification. From the initial interview through the program and its job placement support, I experienced a professional and well considered program run by smart and committed people. The trainers were highly experienced and knowledgeable and their level of generosity could not possibly be matched. "Intensive" only begins to express the pace of the program, so trust me when I say none of us could have gotten through without the incredible support and extremely high level of engagement of our trainers. The only reason this is not getting 5 stars is because of the facility, which is, like many NYC spaces, challengingly small; in this case, it restricted classroom movement, in my view.