Au Pair in Italy
Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

• Professional Development

Love having time to travel

I highly recommend the GeoVisions au pair program in Italy. But keep and open mind and be flexible! When you join a host family, you basically jump on a moving train. Take time to observe and find a way to make your presence meaningful in their family while also not changing their daily routine.

This program will give you plenty of time (and money) to travel and explore. I am going to Croatia and more around Italy before I head back the States. Must see include Cinque Terre in Italy and Prague so far. I took time to explore Milan and constantly am visiting small cities in northern Italy. The best part about living abroad is being so close to all the hidden treasures.

One priority for me was to go to a few cities that weren't on my list before I got here. I also want to make an effort to make more Italian friends and not just new friends from America or other English speakers. That's easier to do when you're traveling.

Walk and Talk Program: Italy

GeoVisions has been nothing but incredible in allowing me to gain a priceless experience that has forever changed my life. I speak highly go GeoVisions to all of my friends and family when sharing the experience I had abroad and will continue to do so!!

• Professional Development

Au Pairing in Italy with Geovisions; why wouldn't you!?

I was an Au Pair with the absolute best family I could have ever hoped for, for two months. It was simply the best summer I've ever had. At first I was a little nervous about living in a foreign country, where I don't speak the language but before long, I was settled in and loving the Italian life style. The family are from Pisa, but move to a coastal town called Lido di Camaiore in the summer months, so we all stayed together in their house there, and it was amazing. In the morning, it'd just be me and Gherardo (5yrs) so I'd get him fed and watered before heading to the beach by bike. We'd spend the morning and early afternoon at the beach: in the sea, pool or playing with his friends before heading home for some pasta. At weekends I had lots of free time and travelled to: Florence, Lucca, Pisa, Viareggio, Venice, Rome, Sienna and Cinque Terre during my time in Italy.
I would highly recommend Geovisions as your Au Pair company, they are very friendly, helpful and everything you want from a company - and will find you the best family that you can hope for!

Au Pairing in Italy

I was in Italy as an au pair for three and a half months, and it was a lovely time. I worked in the morning for about five hours doing various tasks such as preparing breakfast and doing English homework and playing with the nine year old girl that I watched. After that I would go to the beach with the family or meet up with some of the other au pairs in the area for a gelato. On weekends we would take day trips to the surrounding areas. Once we even went to France! The family was very nice and they treated me like I was one of their daughters. I would recommend this program to anyone who wants an adventure, but is short on funds.

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

The Best Summer Ever

I had the most amazing experience this summer; aupairing in Italy. It was everything I imagined and more. I could not have changed anything about my tri. my family was awesome, I met sooo many people and I created a life for myself there. All I can say is aupairing is the BEST way for a young person to travel and you will not regret doing it too.

Au Pair in Italy - 6 months

Before traveling abroad, I was unsure what or how I would end up traveling. I knew I wanted an authentic experience living in another country and immersing myself in another culture. From my first interaction to my time abroad, the GeoVisions team has been incredibly helpful to make sure I found the right abroad experience for me. After deciding to be an au pair, the GeoVisions team made sure I the process of finding a host family was as easy for me as possible. I was matched with two different families who did not work out. The GeoVisions staff (I worked with Kirsty) always assured me that I did not need to be worried or anxious about the matching process. If it hadn't of been for them I may have given up on finding the right family for me. Luckily we found a great host family and my experience has been wonderful! GeoVisions was an integral part in helping me feel secure going abroad. If they didn't know the answer to a question, they had resources available to help me know who to contact. The only part of the process I wish they would have helped with was getting the visa to stay in Europe for over 3 months (most of that I had to figure out on my own). Even after I arrived, the GeoVisions team has still checked on me and I am confident that if there were any issues they would be there to support me. I highly recommend using GeoVisions if you are thinking of going abroad for work!

Au Pair for Gallia Family

My experience has been very positive with the Gallia family. My living situation was wonderful; their house is absolutely gorgeous! The children were great. I will miss them when I leave. We traveled to beautiful places on the weekends and they fed me the most delicious food. I appreciated being able to interact with their extended family as well.

Geovisions Did A Great Job Of Matching Me Up With A Good Family.

I was very pleased with the GeoVisions program. They matched me up nicely, and the family was really fun to work with and get to know.