AP Summer Institute for teachers in Spain (Seville, Madrid, Barcelona)
Centro MundoLengua Header Image Centro MundoLengua Header Image

AP Summer Institute for teachers in Spain (Seville, Madrid, Barcelona)

• Facilities

AP language and culture training, Madrid

This program was an amazing resource for me and the people who ran it knew what they were doing! The cultural activities were well planned and informative. The academic portion was incredibly helpful for setting up lessons and plans for teaching not only AP classes, but techniques and ideas to bring into my regular level classes as well! I look forward to attending this program again in another location and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to gain some knowledge and tools for their own classroom use!

• Facilities

A memorable and invaluable experience!

Everything was perfect! Ken Stuart was fantastic, better than all other instructors that I have worked with during my (numerous) hours spent at other workshops, classes, and PDs! He broke down the entire test, and also shared many ideas, activities, and tricks of the trade relevant to experienced as well as new AP Spanish teachers. Our guides and the cultural experiences they prepared for us were fun, informative, and unique; my only complaint being the lack of sleep caused by the worry that I might miss out on one of the adventures or experiences. I have kept in touch with the many friends I met, who are Spanish teachers from all over the world! David Hirsch was most helpful in every way and incredibly prompt in response to any question I had. THIS is the BEST APSI for AP Spanish and Culture! I will be back!

Phenomenal study abroad experiences

I am a Spanish teacher and my students and I have both participated in CentroMundoLengua's programs. My students have had positive learning experiences which push their Spanish, but are also fun cultural experiences. I took part in the AP teacher training program this year in Madrid and can now say firsthand that it is a quality program. There is an excellent balance of academic information and cultural immersion activities. I learned so much! Gracias!

AP training for teachers

This is a phenomenal program and I am hoping to complete it again in the future at a different location. I was in Madrid for two weeks and got to experience all the wonderful places I have taught my students about for the last two years. The cultural aspect of the trip was very well planned and organized. The training was and experience that has completely changed my vision when I teach, not only for the higher levels, but especially for my lower levels.

• Facilities

My cultural and linguistic immersion experience in Seville

I am a teacher who participated in the summer AP program. I did not have a program at the school where I teach. I learned so much culture and practice my Spanish skills at the program. I was totally immersed in the language and culture. The living conditions were excellent.
I learned how to set up the AP language and culture program and how to grade the test. There are The after class experiences were exceptional. It was so fun to learn to make paella, learn about the art and gain historical perspectives about the history of Spain. We attended a Flemenco dance performance and had time to explore the city with our guides who werewere unbelievably knowledgeable and friendly. I would like to do it again!

Outstanding learning

I was fortunate to receive the SWCOLT Centro Mundo Lengua grant for study in Seville Spain this past summer (2016). The first week of cultural activities was unmatched in every aspect: our guide Antonio was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the connections between culture, history, literature, art, gastronomy. The experiential aspect of this week helped me to better understand cultural connections as well as the history of the Spanish-speaking world and provided me with a renewed enthusiasm for seeking out interdisciplinary topics and fascinating essential questions as the central focus for units for my AP courses. The second week focused on deepening my understanding of the AP Spanish Language and Culture test, assessment and grading as well as unit and lesson design. Ken Stewart masterfully led us to analyze and understand the different skills measured on the exam as well as gave us a deep understanding about how the free response sections of the AP exam are graded. We had a chance to collaborate with AP Spanish teachers from around the U.S. and the world to analyze student work samples and share lesson and unit ideas. All in all, I came back revitalized and ready to take my teaching to the next level by including more fascinating topics and more rigor in my planning and assessment.

Increíble experiencia

This program is amazing. From the teacher that hold the conference to the people handling the administration! The activities and the classes are both things that I will cherish for ever. I can't recommend this program enough to my colleagues. I can't wait to go again next summer! 10/10 :)

An amazing experience

I could not be happier with the great experience I had at Centro Mundo Lengua. Their program was well designed and it incorporated a variety of fun, cultural and traditional experiences. The course was extremely informative and helpful. I came back to the classroom eager to teach my students all the new information I learned during the program.

Everyone at CML was very helpful throughout the planning process and once I arrived. The staff was energetic, fun and caring. I was able to learn a lot from the great people at CML and also from the people in my group. Everyone shared wonderful and creative ideas that have been really helpful in the classroom. The location of the school is stunning. The class was located in the heart of Sevilla and I walked by the Giralda everyday. It was an amazing experience and with amazing people.

Remarkable program

Centro Mundo Lengua offers their participants a remarkable and memorable experience. It is a program that is carefully put together for AP teachers as well as aspiring AP teachers. Both the cultural activities and the in-class AP training provide the tools and substantial information that will enrich your teaching. I also enjoyed collaborating and learning from fellow teachers within the classroom setting. It is without any hesitation that I would strongly recommend this program.

I really look forward to being a part of this program again.
David and everyone on his team have done an amazing job at making this an enriching learning experience!

Personal touches

From start to finish, Centro MundoLengua's AP Summer Institute for Teachers in Sevilla was a fantastic experience. When I first signed up to attend the institute, communication from David and the rest of MundoLengua's staff was immediate. They were attentive in responding to emails and assisting me with "special case" situations. Upon arrival, I was welcomed with open arms by my host family, and the leaders of our cultural excursions, Antonio and Victor. These two men know Sevilla so well, and created excursions that were off the beaten path, as well as on it. No one wants to miss out on the big sites, but also getting an "insiders" view of Sevilla was an amazing bonus. Through the AP workshop portion of the program, I also learned a great deal of new strategies that I'm already using in my classroom.
Centro MundoLengua really worked to tailor this experience to the needs and interests of the group, and for that reason I came away with new friends, new ideas, and a new appreciation for Sevilla.

A 5 star program

I have participated in Centro Mundolengua's program twice already and my experience has always been rewarding. David and his staff were very friendly and were committed to provide me with a comfortable and enriching experience in many ways possible. I attended classes in the morning with a high qualified AP instructor from the College Board (he not only walked us through the different parts of the exam but also gave us tons of ideas/activities to try in the classroom) and participated in cultural activities in the afternoon and night. They are always updating their cultural outings, so the second time I went to Seville with Mundolengua, I was exposed to a different Seville I did not get to see the first time I visited. We loved David, Antonio, Yaye, and the rest of Mundolengua's staff here at our school. We travel every single year with a group of students, and have never had any complaints. We are now organizing our trip number 7 for this coming summer. They know how to take care of the students and the teachers. I definitely recommend their program.

A teacher's dream

I had the experience of a lifetime at Centro MundoLengua. The staff is incredible, kind, extremely knowledgeable, and super down-to-earth. I made life long friendships and establish many professional connections. I would repeat this program in a heartbeat and hope to return to Sevilla soon. I'm currently in the process of now promoting Centro MundoLengua's summer student program to my students after I saw first hand the spectacular job CML does with kids. Honestly, after only a few hours in Sevilla with CML's staff, I felt at home in a new community. I highly recommend this experience for anyone considering.

Best program experience!

This program was instructional, helpful, fun and absolutely helped me broaden the scope of my language teaching. The instructor was very knowledgeable, and the program experience overall unforgettable. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Facilities

Fantastic program - I highly recommend it!

My experience at Centro MundoLengua was absolutely fantastic. The cultural and language immersion was a perfect way to brush up on my Castilian Spanish and explore the history of beautiful Sevilla. The days were packed with cultural excursions to the Cathedral and Giralda, the Metropol Parasol, Flamenco museum and show, a Paella cooking class, and even a visit to the historic Triana. Everything was guided by incredibly knowledgeable, professional and friendly staff. They went above and beyond to deliver an organized program and answered all of my questions about the culture and history. I was so appreciative when the staff helped me organize weekend excursions too!

On top of the amazing cultural experience, you engage in an academic program that is encouraging, enriching and helps remind you of why you went into the teaching profession. It gives you practical advice that you can take into your classroom right away. Additionally, the academic program allows you the network and create lasting relationships from teachers all over the world.

I am so thankful for my experience at CML and hope to return in the future!

Madrid AP teacher training 2016

Going to MundoLengua in Madrid for their AP Teachers Program was the best thing I have done in the last ten years.
The staff was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the history and the culture of Madrid.
The teacher was an excellent resource for the students, clear and concise in her explanations of the activities she used in her program.

Astounding program and staff

Centro MundoLengua is an extremely organized and well thought out program for Spanish teachers. The first week is focused on cultural activities and the guides that take you all around the city are unbelievably intelligent and passionate about their work. Thank you Victor and Antonio for sharing your passion with all the teachers! You will learn more than you have ever imagined! During the second week, we had the pleasure of working with Ken Stewart who shared his knowledge on the AP exam and offered great strategies and numerous resources to make the course successful for our students.

The home stay was fantastic; food was varied, delicious and my host mother catered to my dietary needs. There were always night activities planned for the group and this was a great way to get to know the city and the participants in the program. David Hirsch and his staff go above and beyond to make your experience truly amazing and worth while. Spending two weeks in the beautiful city of Seville with teachers from all over the world and getting to learn from the astounding staff at Centro MundoLengua has been one of the best trips I have taken!

Two-week high school program

We at Cranbrook Kingswood in the metro Detroit area love, love, love this program, and do not even consider others, quite frankly. We have participated every summer since 2009, I believe, with groups of about 15 - 20 students and two chaperones. The personalized attention ahead of time is excellent, as is everything from then on. Students and teachers have a variety of educational and cultural activities, and wonderful host family experiences. Everyone comes back from the trip raving about the program and Seville.

• Facilities

Not just excellent, outstanding!

I went to Seville to attend the AP Span Lang and Culture institute on 2014. It was the best training I ever had. Extremely well organized, super professional. All teachers are expert on the teaching and learning of the Spanish language, culture and literature. They had plenty of cultural activities, all connected to what we were working during class time. It was an excellent experience. The city is amazing, full of culture and history, food was excellent, my hosting family was extremely friendly and helpful. I strongly recommend Centro Mundo Lengua and his staff to any teacher. David and his group are outstanding.

AP Spanish Language & Culture Immersion in Sevilla, Spain

I enjoyed a phenomenal experience as an AP Spanish teacher through the Centro Mundolengua Program in Sevilla, Spain. I hadn't taught AP Spanish in over 5 years and I needed training for the new curriculum and AP Language & Culture test. I couldn't have chosen a better program than CML. Our first week was devoted to cultural immersion. I stayed with a host family in the old quarters of Sevilla which allowed me the opportunity to walk everywhere. Our group was led by Antonio Cuaresma, an experienced educator & guide, who introduced us to a wide variety of cultural experiences in Sevilla. From cooking classes in Triana to flamenco dance lessons, we learned first hand about the culture of Sevilla and Andalucia. Cultural events were scheduled in the evenings, too. We enjoyed an open air concert in the park at the Alcázar as well as a professional flamenco show.
The second week was an intense in-class training led by Laura Zenke, one of AP's leading trainers. Laura provided us with all the necessary materials to cover the different themes and topics as well as practice actually taking sections of the new AP test. A number of the participants were experienced AP teachers, some of whom were AP exam readers, and they provided practical advice, ideas, and examples for us to take back to our program. The two week program was quite a motivational professional development program that truly helped me back into the AP classroom. I would highly recommend the program to both inexperienced as well as experienced Spanish AP teachers.