Barcelona School for International Studies Summer Program
Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city

Barcelona School for International Studies Summer Program

Barcelona Summer Program

I was a part of the Barcelona SAE Summer Program in 2017 and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The staff were always willing to help and were easily available to visit in their offices during the day. They answered emails quickly and helped me when needed. They also sent out a Cultural Agenda every week with different local events and experiences that were a helpful way to plan for your weekend. We downloaded the TeamUp App which is how we could sign up to participate in events and activities put on by the Barcelona SAE staff. It was a great experience and I am glad I chose this program!

Barcelona SAE Summer Review

Immersed In Culture

From the moment you arrive in Barcelona you get a taste of the thriving culture. The first week in Barcelona you go on a trip with SAB to eat decadent Spanish food and a trip to the beach. The summer I spent living in Spain was on of the best summers of my life and I have friends and memories that I will cherish forever. I urge anyone considering this program to definitely apply, you will not regret it!

My experience with Barcelona SAE

MY experience with Barcelona SAE was eye-opening. My class was challenging but my professor was incredibly helpful and made it achievable. I will miss Barcelona and everything that living abroad has taught me.

SAE Review

Being able to have the opportunity to study abroad makes me realize how lucky I truly am. This was hand down the most amazing experience in my life. I made friends that will last me a life time and learned more that I could have ever imagined.

The Best Summer in Barcelona

I had the best study abroad experience through Barcelona SAE! I chose the summer program and spent four weeks taking intensive Spanish classes, improving so much that I changed my Spanish minor to a major when I returned home to CSU. The homestay option was a great choice and the couple I lived with became like a second family to me. I still keep in touch with them today, and plan to visit them when I return to Barcelona.

While in Barcelona we were able to participate in many cultural activities including tours around the city, an excursion to Valencia, and a day trip to a city just outside of Barcelona. My favorite activity was a Spanish cooking class where we cooked and ate all of the food ourselves!

I would recommend this program to any student that is thinking of going abroad. I had the most amazing and fulfilling experience during those four weeks and cannot wait to return back to Barcelona in the future!

Because the classes were so conversation based and small I felt as though I learned more in the four weeks I was taking classes in Barcelona than what I had learned in a classroom at my home university.

Amazing 4 weeks!

My four weeks at Barcelona International College through SAE were amazing. It was like steroids for my Spanish. When I first got to Barcelona, my Spanish was pretty basic, however after SAE's awesome homestay placement and BIC's great academics I was able to jump to 400 level Spanish back at CSU. Also, the excursions to Valencia, and other places around Barcelona were great, well organized, and a lot of fun. I highly recommend this to anyone with any sort of interest in an awesome experience.

The Site Director, Rich Kurtzman, is always around for anything a student might need whether it be a question about a homestay or academics. He also leads a lot of the group excursions and really gives you an insiders perspective on Barcelona.

Great experience

My study abroad experience was very enjoyable and I never once regretted my decision to go to Barcelona when I was there or when I came back to the States.

Great Experience

I thought Barcelona SAE did a great job of allowing us students to be exposed to so much of the culture in Barcelona. The program administrators were always kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend this program to others who are thinking of studying abroad!

Fun community

My number one compliment towards this experience was the wonderful community that is associated with it. Between the staff and students, everyone was friendly and are constantly looking to make new friends.