Barcelona School for International Studies Semester Program
Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city Barcelona SAE participants facing Barcelona city

Barcelona School for International Studies Semester Program

Barcelona SAE- best experience of my life

Barcelona SAE gave me so much more than education in a language. It gave me new friends, amazing experiences, and lifelong memory of the greatest time. I will never forget this experience. I was truly engaged in the learning experience, taking 6hrs a Spanish a day and then being able to use it in the real world in all of my surroundings. I was on the other side of the world away from my family, traveled alone not knowing anyone in the program and I never felt more comfortable. The staff made it extremely easy to feel safe and comfortable. They also provided great group activities to keep us in somewhat of a routine and see things and experience things we wouldn’t have on our own. It’s been over a year and I still mention Barcelona as the greatest place and I’m sure everyone is over me talking about it, but I’ll never be over it. 10/10 would do it again and I strongly recommend others to take that leap of independence, go out there, find yourself and explore the world!

Incredible

Everything about my trip, from the city of Barcelona to the people I met, was the most eye-opening and incredible experience of my life. I learned so much in these classes and the faculty of the college was very helpful. I made friends for a lifetime and the trip has inspired me to want to travel the world and to branch out and immerse myself in a new culture. I am thankful for the change I received to study an live in such an amazing place with amazing people.

Amazing experience!

I loved going to Barcelona through Barcelona SAE. The program provided a unique and personalized experience that allowed me to learn more about myself than I ever expected. My time in Barcelona was largely impacted by the advisors and instructors that I met. They guided us from the very beginning and helped us form a community while we were far from home. Our living conditions in Barcelona were awesome! We were so close to the metro, making late night commutes feel safe. Our apartment was also much larger than we expected, and we loved being so close to the city center. All in all, I always felt the support and kindness of the Barcelona SAE faculty.

An Amazing Semester In Spain!!

I had an amazing opportunity to study abroad in Barcelona for my spring semester. I knew that living abroad would be different, but it was beyond what I expected. Barcelona SAE did a great job of filling up our semester with fun activities like flamenco shows, cooking classes, weekend trips to surrounding provinces, day trips, tours of Barcelona barrios (neighborhoods), and intercambios to meet locals. The free time we had to explore Barcelona really opened my eyes to Spanish and Catalan culture.
BSAE also did a good job of balancing school with activities. The work load wasn’t heavy at all and the classes were diverse and really interesting. They offered classes that my university at home did not offer. I also lived with a host family. My host mom really made my experience worthwhile. Her food was amazing and she also helped with my Spanish. By the time I reached my second month abroad, my Spanish pronunciation was nearly perfect.
Barcelona SAE provided me with the best experience possible. I honestly believe I would not have integrated myself in that much Spanish culture without the help of BSAE. I highly recommend it to everyone who is planning on or thinking about studying abroad!