Czech Republic: Prague
Study abroad with UPCES in Prague and experience a semester of intellectual and cultural discovery in one of Europe's most remarkable cities. UPCES is located in a historic palace in Prague's city center. An UPCES semester includes 16 academic credits, four weekend trips, dozens of cultural excursions/activities, optional internships, and international classrooms.
UPCES classrooms offer an opportunity to interact with students from around the globe. A typical UPCES course includes 10-15 students of several nationalities and provides a truly multicultural environment for learning.
Prominent scholars from Charles University teach UPCES courses in English. Course subjects include economics, international relations, sociology, history, political science, film, literature, philosophy, and Czech language. Students from a wide variety of majors and interests will greatly benefit from the UPCES academic experience.
UPCES students live in flats of their choosing with other students in the program. Flat choices are offered by the program and are located throughout the center section of Prague. Students do not just interact with the Czech people, but truly live amongst them in real Prague flats.
With UPCES, students explore the cultures of Central Europe. Each semester, UPCES organizes trips to Dresden, Cesky Krumlov, Litomerice, and a 3-night weekend trip abroad. UPCES also organizes a series of cultural trips within the immediate area of Prague.
1. Students take courses under a prestigious faculty and alongside Czech and other European students.
2. Four weekend trips and dozens of local trips designed to immerse students in Central European culture.
3. Students can apply for a variety of impressive internships through the UPCES Internship Program.
4. Courses are set in a beautiful palace in the historic center of Prague.
5. Students live together in centrally-located flats of their choosing.
Fall, Spring, Academic Year
Follows US Academic Calendar
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
- Art History
- Comparative Literature
- Environmental Studies
- International Relations
- Jewish Studies
- Languages / Linguistics
- Political Science/politics
- Religious Studies
- Social Sciences
Cost in US$:
USD9,650 for one semester. USD18,300 for one academic year.
Program Fees Include:
* Enrollment in 5 courses for a total of 16 academic credits
* 2-week orientation program
* Prague Metro Pass
* Czech cell phone
* Airport reception, taxi service to hotel, and three nights stay upon arrival in Prague.
* Weekend Trip to Krakow, Poland or Berlin, Germany
* Day-Trips to Litomerice and Dresden, Germany
* 1-Day or Overnight Trip to Cesky Krumlov
* Cultural activities throughout the semester
* Course packs and Czech language guides
* UPCES ID card, 24-hour building access pass, and personal computer account
* Full UPCES Staff support
* Welcome and Farewell Receptions
Program tuition does not include rent costs for centrally-located flats. Rent varies among flats, but averages USD 450 to USD 750 per month for double-occupancy bedrooms.
This Program is open to
Canadian and American Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Independent living
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is