Study abroad with UPCES in Prague and experience a semester of intellectual and cultural discovery in one of Europe's most remarkable cities. UPCES is located in a historic palace in Prague's city center. An UPCES semester includes 16 academic credits, four weekend trips, dozens of cultural excursions/activities, optional internships, and international classrooms.
UPCES classrooms offer an opportunity to interact with students from around the globe. A typical UPCES course includes 10-15 students of several nationalities and provides a truly multicultural environment for learning.
Prominent scholars from Charles University teach UPCES courses in English. Course subjects include economics, international relations, sociology, history, political science, film, literature, philosophy, and Czech language. Students from a wide variety of majors and interests will greatly benefit from the UPCES academic experience.
UPCES students live in flats of their choosing with other students in the program. Flat choices are offered by the program and are located throughout the center section of Prague. Students do not just interact with the Czech people, but truly live amongst them in real Prague flats.
With UPCES, students explore the cultures of Central Europe. Each semester, UPCES organizes trips to Dresden, Cesky Krumlov, Litomerice, and a 3-night trip to Krakow, Poland. UPCES also organizes a series of cultural trips within the immediate area of Prague. Czech and other European students are invited on these trips as well.
UPCES students can apply for a variety of internships related to their major or personal interests through the UPCES Internship Program. Internship opportunities include a prominent legal institute, an events-management company, a teaching school, a city newspaper, and a media NGO.
UPCES offers unlimited outlets for learning and personal growth, in and out of the classroom. Learn more about UPCES on our website and on Facebook. We hope you will join us for an incredible semester in Prague!
UPCES Quick Facts
* Building: Schebek Palace
* Affiliation: Charles University
* Director: Nicki Norris
* Language of Instruction: English
* Enrollment: 55-75 Students (Fall), 45-65 Students (Spring)
* Eligibility: minimum 3.0 GPA and Junior-standing
* Cost: 9,150 USD per Semester, 17,300 USD per Year
* Housing: Independent Student Apartments
* Application: Online and Hard-copy
* Trips: Dresden, Litomerice, Cesky Krumlov, Krakow
* Internships: Teaching, Marketing, Journalism, NGO, Law
1. Students take courses under a prestigious faculty and alongside Czech and other European students.
2. Four weekend trips and dozens of local trips designed to immerse students in Central European culture.
3. Students can apply for a variety of impressive internships through the UPCES Internship Program.
4. Courses are set in a beautiful palace in the historic center of Prague.
5. Students live together in centrally-located flats of their choosing.