Study Abroad in London at the University of Roehampton

University of Roehampton

I had the most amazing time here. One of the best decisions of my life, I have been able to make a countless number of experiences, friends, and opportunities. I highly recommend that if anyone is interested in coming hear the definitely should!

Dance semester turned into 9 months

I originally came to Roehampton to study abroad for 3.5 months but after only being on the campus for a month I knew I wanted to extend my studies.
I was loving the dance program, classes, and dance tutors. I was loving the cultural immersion and the overall social experience of being apart of Roehampton University. Hence why I decided to extend my studies for the full academic year!

Wonderful Program

I had and great time at the university. Everyone was nice and willing to help, and the activities planned and offered by the university were great. I really enjoyed the classes I took and felt that the professors were knowledgeable and helpful. They were always willing to answer any questions and work with students that needed extra help or had extenuating circumstances.

Amazing

It's definitely a once in a life time opportunity where you'll learn to be self-reliant and make a ton of new friends. The university's facilities are also great, and you'll always be able to find assistance when you are lost or confused.

Fun!

It was a once in a life time experience. I would recommend it to all as you will learn much more then what you class state. You will begin to understand and find a sense of adventure being thrown outside of your comfort zone and trying new things.

An Enchanting Campus

When coming to University of Roehampton, I was unaware of how it is not located in central London, however this is something I began to enjoy as the weeks passed. Walking through campus almost feels like the setting of a fairytale, the ponds, beautiful architecture, trees and hidden walkways contributed to this. As far as accommodation, we were given kitchen utensils and bedding upon arrival, which was nice to not have to think about details such as that after the long flight there. The campus is very good about fixing any issues within the on-campus living. A couple times the heat went off or there was no hot water, but I went online and filled out the maintenance form and the issue was quickly resolved within a day or two.

When we went to sign up for classes the process was very easy, and when the class I needed to take wasn't typically available to study abroad students I spoke with the Head of the Business Department and he was able to ensure I would be let into that class. Throughout the semester the classes are very manageable, it is a different style of learning (if you're from the US) more of a learn on your own. However, the professors are always available for any questions or to guide you in the right direction.

Overall, my experience at the University of Roehampton was a good one and I would recommend it to anyone.

Better Than My Expectations: Studying Abroad at Roehampton University

I studied abroad for a semester at Roehampton University, allowing me to live and study in London from January until June. I had a desire to travel to London ever since I was nine years old, so I took advantage of the opportunity ten years later by studying abroad, which meant leaving my home country for the first time to see if London was all I hoped it would be. My home university in the United States of America had a direct partnership with Roehampton, which made it very affordable for me to study there.
The university isn't in central London, which makes some people hesitant about studying there if they want to be in the central part of the city. However, I found Roehampton was the best of both worlds. It is only a short bus ride or train ride from the hustle and bustle of one of the biggest cities in Europe, and there are still plenty of city perks in the Roehampton area. There are also some wonderful advantages to Roehampton to being located in southwest London. London is far more than the central city, and I was able to see more of London by studying at Roehampton. I discovered there is far more to the city than the well-known bits. In addition, the campus has a slightly secluded, enchanting feel, with beautiful architecture, ponds and lakes, and wildlife. The university is also quite close to Richmond Park, a large park that often made me feel I had stepped into the countryside while still being in London.
The university's academics are wonderful, too. I studied English Literature and Creative Writing while there and had encouraging, intelligent lecturers who always pushed me to work harder and think differently. The classes I took at Roehampton are some of my favorite classes I took during my entire college career. Also, the student body is very diverse and welcoming. I not only met and made friends with British students, but also with students from all over Europe and other students studying abroad at Roehampton. I very quickly adjusted to life at Roehampton, felt like a part of a community, and had London at my fingertips every time I left campus.
Studying abroad at Roehampton was everything I was hoping for and so much more. It was one of the best experiences of my life, and I would highly recommend Roehampton University to other college students interested in studying abroad in the United Kingdom.

Amazing town, decent school

I loved London. And once I got the hang of things it was easy to get around. The school was the perfect location as far as distance to central London. But for my major, the academics weren't that great. The dorms were being worked on the whole time, and the social life consisted of alcohol soaked parties twice a week and very little else (or if there were things they were poorly advertised). Overall, good experience but I would not come here for the academic aspect.

Long lasting memories!!

I came to this university with high hopes that I'd be able to travel and enrich my views of the world and I was able to do just that! I was very welcomed to the school in the beginning and the classes were nice! I would say the study abroad students are at a sort of disadvantage when it comes to how things work at the university and there aren't as many classes open to them. Overall, I will remember this experience for a lifetime and I'm very grateful that I was able to do this!!