Study abroad in Florence and take advantage of a unique opportunity to gain U.S. credit and experience life in Italy. Students can choose between summer and semester programs and my enroll in upper-division courses including History, Business, Studio Arts, Psychology, and Italian Language, amongst others. Students also elect interdisciplinary courses and are immersed in the academic focus that NECA offers. Participants will gain an intimate understanding of Italian and Florentine culture and life.
Students must be over the age of 18 and have completed two semesters of college. For applicants who do not meet these requirements, please contact NECA before applying as special enrollments are possible based on the specific situation of the person.
1. Experience life in the incredible city of Florence, surrounded by architecture, art, history, and culture
2. Take courses for college credit in a specific field
3. Explore the rest of Italy with easy access to trains and buses
4. Become immersed in the culture of Italy
5. Meet like-minded students and have the experience of a lifetime
Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year, Throughout the year
Fall (Sep-Dec), Spring (Jan-May), Summer (June)
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Art/ Fine Arts
Political Science / Politics
Cost in US$:
Inquire for more information and you will be emailed the updated brochure file
Program Fees Include:
* NECA application fee
* NECA enrollment fees
* Transfer credits
* Pre-departure academic advising
* Pre-departure travel counseling
* On-site orientation program
* Student assistance for visa application (before you leave your country) and for the permit of stay (at your arrival in Florence)
* Student assistance in Florence.
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African, Worldwide and Asian Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of five to ten students