Mente Argentina participants Mente Argentina participants

Mente Argentina: University Spanish Program in Buenos Aires

I am happy that I did and it was with Mente

Hi, I’m Ana Paula and I’m from Brazil. I go to school in the United States and I came to Buenos Aires to do the Summer Spanish Program and I did it through the University of Buenos Aires and I really love my classes. My teacher, my classmates were so much fun every day, I really enjoyed going to class, I learned a lot and my Spanish improved. I love the city of Buenos Aires, I have been here before and I wanted to come back, and I am happy that I did and it was with Mente. Buenos Aires has so many things to do and having all the different barrios, just like going to one and then to the one next to it and the vibe is completely different, and I was able to enjoy that, and who knows? I might come back soon!

I know I will be coming back

My name is Inga, and I am here through Mente. I have to say I didn’t expect anything and then I came here and Buenos Aires and everything you can do here, it was amazing. Everything was organized for me when I arrived. I met so many people, you are never here alone as I talked to everybody and made lots of friends. I got to travel in Argentina and Brazil and nothing ever happened, it is completely safe, I really enjoyed the time here. I am very happy I came here with Mente, I never met an organization likes this before. I didn’t have to do anything. They organized my phone, a subway card, how to move around, they introduced me to my first friends, and Spanish classes were extremely helpful. I am about to leave and I am very sad, but I know I will be coming back. Thank you Mente.

It was amazing

Hello my name is Hadley, and I did the University Spanish Program at UBA, which was probably my best decision ever, because it’s definitely the best cool. What I probably liked the most about my experience was living in the Student Resident, it was so great because every night we would have dinner together and literally it would be 20 of us sitting around the table and our momma would cook for all of us, I guess it was a lot of food, but she was great. We would hang together and tell our days, laugh, and thank our company every day. I highly recommend living at the residence, it was amazing.

I really recommend the experience for anyone

Hola chicos, me llamo Leo, I am from Switzerland and I am 19 years old. I have been in Buenos Aires for 2 months now through Mente. I took Intensive Spanish courses. I chose to have a shared apartment with 3 other students from all over the world. Coming to Argentina was a big change from Switzerland, but I really enjoyed my experience here. The apartment I stayed was great, specially the location, we had everything we needed. Everything was good vibes in the city and the Mente Events, very helpful stuff, I really recommend the experience for anyone that wants to change their horizons, come to Argentina

Mente was really great

Hi I’m Jenny and I took a 2 month program with Mente Argentina. I took University Spanish at the University of Belgrano. So, as soon as you get off the plane, Mente Argentina is involved, they picked you up, they give you a ride back and basically during your entire time they take you to events and stuff that you’ll be interested in such as tours and they are great at giving you suggestion with restaurants and stuff like that. I stayed at the residence with a host mom and roughly other 12 other American students. It was amazing food and there were always people to hang around with, so Mente was really great, I made a lot of friends and I felt like home here

I really enjoyed my time

Hi, I’m Louise and I did the University Spanish Program with Mente for a month. I am glad that I did it with Mente because being here only for a month would have been very overwhelming having to find an apartment and a phone, and how to figure out how to get from the airport, so it was great to have somebody else take care of those details. Mente has a lot of social events in which I met tons of fun people and they organize and are included in the program. It was a great way to not be lonely here; every dime spent was used very well. I really encourage everyone to join Mente because I really enjoyed my time here.

I absolutely recommend the program to everyone!

I’m Michael and I did the Mente’s Spanish Study Abroad Program and It was great. I lived in a great apartment, a great city for future participants. Try to get out there because it’s easy to be in the American or foreigners circle, but meeting locals and practicing my Spanish with Porteños was great. Polo and Soccer here are the best, so they were really cool to experience. The city itself is huge, don’t take it all at once, there’s so much to do, and I have to say the Spanish lessons were great and they definitely improved my Spanish in many different ways. I absolutely recommend the program to everyone!

I find it a really great program

Hi, I’m Philani from the Zimbabwe, I did the University Spanish Program and I find it a really great program because I find it relaxing and the staff was really helpful. One of the things I really like was the activities, going to Tigre and La Bomba de Tiempo, one of the most awesome shows in Buenos Aires.

I’m leaving feeling like an Argentinean

Hi, I am Stefan and I was here for two months taking the University Spanish with Mente Argentina and we did a lot of activities, they organized everything and it was super easy. Now I’m leaving feeling like an Argentinean. Buenos Aires is a nice city is a loud city, but it’s a crazy city and people are very nice!

They were the two greatest months of my life

Hi, I’m Casi and my program was great, they were the two greatest months of my life and I don’t regret anything. It was a really great experience.

Can’t wait to come back

Hi, I’m Caitlin and I did the two months Spanish Program with Mente Argentina. I really liked Mente and all the activities they had for us, the Tigre tour had this awesome boat ride and I love the pub crawls, they were so much fun. Can’t wait to come back.

I recommend Mente Argentina to everyone

Hi, I’m Destiny and I enrolled with Mente underneath the study abroad program to study Spanish and I did study Spanish at UBA for a month. It was very different from the United States which I really enjoyed. Buenos Aires Spanish is very different from the one in the States. Mente is the best, they hosted awesome activities, I am not ready to go home and just a big shout out to the staff. I loved the city; if you come you have to come to La Boca, Tigre, Puerto Madero, just take as many tours as possible. I recommend Mente Argentina to everyone, the friends I met here I’m going to be keep for life. I really enjoyed all the activities; I loved the city tours and visiting the zoo. Me encanta Buenos Aires y no quiero regresar a los Estados Unidos!

I learned so much, it was phenomenal

Hi, I’m Korey and I did a month program for University Spanish. It was wonderful even though it was hard work. I learned so much, it was phenomenal. The Mente staff was great, I meet so many people in the residence and in the classes and I loved it. I pretty much went to every Mente activity! Come here with an open mind because you are going to be in a new culture, just have fun, a lot of these opportunities don’t come but once in a lifetime and you’ll learn a lot. Mente did a wonderful job with the living arrangement and being accommodating with students, just being there, we had a fantastic time together. Thank you.