Volunteer and Teach in Madagascar with IVHQ

Incredible

The 7 weeks I spent teaching in English were full of non stop smiles and laughter - you'll never feel alone or ever want to come home. I can't even begin to explain how much the kids that I taught had an impact on me - whilst in Madagascar I felt a happiness that I'd never felt before. You'll be welcomed with such warm hearts and their constant smiles do spread! The experience I had was enriching & fulfilling to say the least, I came home having felt I'd made an impact on the kids lives and I can't explain how that feels. You'll make friends for life, both with the volunteers and the local people you meet - and Jessi (the program co-ordinator) is a godsend. Nosy Komba is a dream and more!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 04, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Hi Zoe, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your experience volunteering in Madagascar with IVHQ. Your review made us smile and we are glad that you enjoyed your experience so much. We hope to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future.

Came as a volunteer, stayed as a staff member

I arrived in May to be a part of the Teaching Project. I was slated to stay for one month and within two weeks of teaching, I started really wishing that I could stay longer. I fell in love with my students, the people in the village, staff at our camp, the beauty of Nosy Komba, and I just knew that I had to stay. It's been a few months now and I'm already sad at the thought of ever leaving. Coming to Madagascar and being a part of this volunteer program has been a life changing experience and one that made me realize my dreams.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review October 02, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hi Jessi, your story is very unique - thank you for sharing! We are so glad to hear that your experience volunteering with IVHQ on our teaching project in Madagascar was a life changing one.