Volunteer and Teach English in Brazil

Truly the time of my life

I spent two and a half months volunteering with JIVE in Rio de Janeiro. It was the most incredible thing I have ever done and it changed my life in so many ways. Volunteers are given the opportunity to truly have an impact on the communities throughout Rio. In the end they will have just as much if not more of an impact on you as you do on them. JIVE is always there to help you and have great people to make you feel comfortable. I remember being nervous and hesitant to go but once you arrive the city and people will help you to feel at home. Working with the children and getting to know the Brazilian people and culture will show you a new way to love. After coming home all I want to do is go back. When going down this path I would tell everyone to keep an open mind and stay flexible. Not everything always goes as planned but you will always get what you need. Don't fret the small stuff and just GO GO GO!!!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 15, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Hi Wade, We are thrilled to hear that you had an incredible two and half months in Brazil. That is a really decent amount of time and the placements would have been thankful to have you for so long. Your advice to ‘keep an open mind and stay flexible’ is spot on and a great tip for future volunteers. Thanks for being a great IVHQ volunteer and we hope to have you join us again soon.