Internship in Japan Header Image Internship in Japan Header Image

Internship in Japan

The best Internship ever!

I have been in Japan for 2 months interning for a company based in Tokyo. It has been a great experience. I have developed my skills and learned a lot, while gaining a deeper insight of Japanese market and culture. It was the right choice to choose the Internship in Japan program. Thanks to the help in finding a company I have been able to get exactly what I was looking for and reach my goals. I would do this again with no doubt. I am very grateful for all I have received and learned thanks to this opportunity.

Finance internship in Tokyo

My internship in Tokyo was an experience of a lifetime! Jonathan from ICC made sure that everything went smoothly from the initial interviews through the actual relocation to Japan until the very end. The company I interned with was very professional and my boss made sure that I emerged in Tokyo's financial world and learnt as much as possible. Since it was an international company (both staff and clientele wise), I'm very thankful for the ICC people that they organized social events where I had the chance to meet with Japanese students and interns. My overall experience was a 100% positive and I wholeheartedly recommend Internship in Japan for everyone!

A great experience

Had a great time in Japan thanks to the programme. The support from the Internship in Japan team really helped me settle in for my 3 month stay in Tokyo. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone seriously looking for work experience in Japan. They have a variety of internships in various industries.

Great

I learnt a lot here. I improved my programming skills, and also gained a deeper understanding of Japanese culture and traditions. I really enjoyed the time I spent here. If I have a chance, I would like to come back to Japan again.

Best decision I've made so far

Before graduating, I was seeking for an internship within the education field, and Internship in Japan found the perfect internship opportunity for me with a Japanese university. the university was even in my city of choice. Everyone in IIJ and the university were very supportive during my 3 months as an intern, and I am now working as a staff with the same university, in the same department I was interning in. Doing an internship in Japan may seem like a daunting process to go through, but I promise you that it will definitely be worth it. Do not hesitate to inquire IIJ regarding their programs, and if you need any assistance. They will definitely be more than happy to help.

ICC

It was a great placement for my internship and what I wanted to experience! Amazing and friendly staff! I would recommend ICC to anyone who wants to create a future in Japan. A truly amazing experience.

Yamagata, Iide town

overall a great experience and will ask again for another intern opportunity without fail. I learned a lot about the Japanese countryside and the Japanese city, and I have become more interested about Japan.

Fantastic experience

Im glad that I chose Internship in Japan, they placed me into a perfect company for me, and I improved a LOT during the 1-month-training period. Very thankful for the company and Jonathan! Your the best

Great Learning Experience

I interned in the IT Venture company in Meguro. I was in charge of the Accounting matters for their subsidiary company in Luxembourg.
I have learned valuable skills along the way, particularly Japanese business manners, Japanese and Luxembourg Accounting standards.
There is not many people that can speak English in my company so I had to use my Japanese everyday to communicate. This helped me improve my Japanese greatly. I recommend this program to anyone that wants a challenge.

Thrown into the Deep End

I did the Internship in Japan Summer Program in the summer of 2013. I interned at a Japanese consulting firm in Hachioji (far West Tokyo). The majority of my co-workers spoke very little Japanese, so I had to do my best to communicate in Japanese everyday. It was definitely a struggle, but everyone (both in the office, at Internship in Japan, and even in my share-house) were incredibly supportive and friendly. It was an incredible opportunity and I learned so much. Not only Japanese language, but also about Japanese business practices, customer relationships, internationalization efforts and life in a Japanese office in general. I couldn't have learned this anywhere else.

Best internship I have ever had! It got me my present job!

I interned at an international company in Tokyo for 5 months where I was in charge of SNS, Marketing and B2B/B2C (both foreign and domestic companies and clients).
Thanks to my previous study abroad experience I knew some Japanese and had already some friends in Tokyo.
However, my Japanese improved even quicker than during University and I made actually more friends thanks to my internship. My co-workers invited me to networking events, lunch, dinners and meetings (I even met with some people from famous Anime companies!!)

I did a homestay at my friend's place so there was no trouble with accommodation.
The hardest part might have been the gap between being a student and a professional. In the beginning I found it difficult to come up with business plans and ideas but thanks to my senpai (supervisor) I got to improve those skills as well.
Now I am working at the same company and couldn't be happier!

It's been an amazing 6 months in Japan

It has been a pleasure to work with Internship in Japan(ICC)! Everyone has been super nice and responsive throughout my 6 months here (as well as during the placement). I did this internship as part of my undergrad studies to receive credit for co-op and due to changes at my school, I was forced to find a new internship. ICC has been very supportive and helped a great deal to make sure I find an internship that matched my school's requirements.
At first I was going to bring my cats with me to Japan, ICC was super nice and went the extra step of helping me find apartments that accommodates cats. Even though in the end I didn't bring them (there is a blood test that the cats must past that takes at least 180 days and I didn't have enough time) and chose to find my own accommodation (I ended up doing homestay, I really suggest it it was a wonderful experience), ICC has been super helpful the whole way!
I can't speak for others but my experience with ICC has been amazing!

Great experience

My internship company was perfect. I learn so much more than I expected. The staff from ICC was very nice and patient, I have many questions during the application period, they managed to come back to me with great answers.

Fruitful experience in Japan

I think ICC has done a great job before and throughout my stay in Japan. Thank you for replying to our enquiries promptly. That really helped me to solve many problems before my arrival in Japan. Also, thanks for organising international / local parties for us in Japan. That really helps us to make new friends with people of common interests. I think my internship in Japan was really an eye-opening experience.

My review

Overall, it was a great internship experience. I have not only gained personal experiences and grown to be professional, but also I found myself loving Japan more then before. ICC tried to find a best company for me based on my personal experiences, and the company is a good fit. I personally enjoyed the small studio working environment and my jobs. The managers are all very experienced professionals and they are very nice to me. I enjoyed working on my company and made some friends. The internship also helped me develop my personal interests and career goals. Lastly, I wish I could work on Japan in the future!

Loved Interning In Japan

It was a great experience interning in Tokyo. You found me a good company, which provided me with a good atmosphere to grow and learn. This experience provided me with ideas what I'd like to do in the future. All I want to say is thank for all your work and support.

A deeply enriching and fascinating experience

Never have I had such an opportunity in my life and I am glad I took it. Everything from internship to living conditions was tailored perfectly to my needs to ensure this was as amazing an experience as could be. The company ensured I was situated where my skills could best be put to test and constantly ensured I was always at my strengths, but also able to tackle weaknesses and uncertainties.

Overall, an experience that I can only recommend as it promotes growth both professionally, and personally.

English language school internship

I am currently a university student and decided to do a study abroad exchange in Tokyo during 2016. However, much to my surprise, the opportunity arose to do an internship during the month before my exchange. At first I was unsure because I had never even contemplated doing something like an internship before. However I am incredibly happy to say I seized the chance and in March 2016 I did an internship at a English language school through ICC. The kids taught were aged from preschool to primary school and I had the role of assistant teacher. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and am incredibly happy I took a leap of faith and said yes when the opportunity arose to do an internship in Japan. I felt like it was such a unique and valuable experience that I simply would not have received anywhere else. It was able to set me up for my future by giving me a starting point from which I can now branch out and achieve even greater things. Not to mention I retained the contacts I made during my time and that has provided me with exciting work opportunities. I would highly recommend the program to anyone interested in challenging themselves and getting invaluable work experience whilst having fun along the way. If you can succeed in Japan, you can succeed anywhere.

An unforgettable experience

Highly recommended program, very professional and organized from start to finish; friendly and welcoming atmosphere to all. Great communication and expertise, prompt responses to any enquiry given. Overall a great place to get a flavour of the Japanese work industry, as well as day to day living. Though it be more suitable for individuals of an independent nature to establish a social networking base themselves, ICC will provide everything else necessary to make one's stay as safe and comfortable as can be. Personally recommend to anyone who is interested in an internship in Japan; an experience one truly won't forget.

Overall Great Experience

Right off the bat, I should make the PSA that this company is definitely legit, so anyone contemplating the otherwise can lay their fears to rest. I can say that, from my experience with them, ICC does a great job at placing an intern with a host company. Of all the fantastic aspects there were to living in Japan, my workplace and colleagues were actually two of the best and I still try to keep in touch with them months after I've left. I'd recommend the program to anyone considering it. It's well worth it.

Property Intern in Japan

Internship in Japan were very helpful in getting me a placement in a Japanese-based company. I really enjoyed immersing myself in Japanese culture during my stay in Tokyo last summer.If you are looking to work internationally, I would definitely recommend going to Japan as it gives you a different business-perspective.

My time as an Intern in Japan

When I first heard about internships in Japan, I thought it was competitive. For some reason, I believed you needed the perfect skills to be able to intern in a country like Japan. As I was searching on Google, I thought, "Hey, why not give it a try? It shouldn't hurt." I applied to ICC Japan, half-seriously, thinking I wouldn't be able to get it. Boy, was I wrong.

I was met by this passionate employer named Noa Aziz. She helped a lot and she guided me throughout mine and her time in Japan. I couldn't thank her enough for giving me this opportunity to visit (and sort of work) in Japan.

By the time June rolled around, I met with my bosses. Both of them were welcoming when I arrived with my guardian at the office, but unfortunately, I was also met with jet-lag, and that's not such a welcoming thing! Still, they took the time to show me around the office, answered my questions about work, and I quickly bonded with them. During my internship, my art drastically improved a lot. As an internship for animator, storyboard, and English-spell checking, it really helped me open my eyes on the workforce in Japan. Everyone is so hard-working, and there's no such thing as getting out early on Fridays (my internship being an exception, of course).

What makes this internship so special to me? Well, I felt like I could talk to my bosses as my peers, in a way. We were professional, but we were also not shy to share stories, and they made me feel like I could trust them.

Aside from my internship, my time here in Japan was unforgettable. My housemates were very welcoming, they even threw me a welcome party and a birthday party.

My fellow internship colleagues were very nice people too. We hung outside of our work/ICC gatherings together, especially Disney Sea!

Finally, about Japan, the transportation is wonderfully convenient, and the people here are so welcoming and nice.

I could not have been luckier to meet such amazing people here. My mom told me that being in Japan, it felt like living a dream.

Internship in Japan is a Treasure

Through Internship in Japan’s help, I landed this internship with a wealth management company and my program lasted for six weeks. Overall this was a precious opportunity for me because it opened the door for me to financial industry and introduced me with many professional expats in Tokyo. As one of the world’s biggest financial consultancy companies, my intern company associated with high-profile investment banks and clients. From there I acquired lots of knowledge in financial regulation, financial products and macro economics. In addition, due to the job type, it was essential to attend network events in the city. Along with my boss (mentor)’s training, I practiced professional network skills and grew much confidence. A good internship indeed can let people think further about close job functions. The mentality and skill learned from one job can be applied to many other related fields.

In terms of language, since my company is UK based, there wasn't Japanese demanded, which is easy for people who just first interact with Japan. I was having a good time in Tokyo both inside and outside the office. The last but not the least thing is: internship in Japan makes me realize the possibility to acquire a full time job here as Japan has growing to welcome more and more people with English speaking skill and global mind. Therefore, it’s a worthy time interning. Thanks to Internship in Japan.

Internship in Japan review

Internship in Japan were very professional, prompt, and helpful during my search process. The advisors were all very kind and I ended up in an awesome placement. However, the payment was a lot for me.

Great experience! I'm so pleased I done it!

IIJ provided support for finding my internship placement, proofreading my documents such as CV, cover letter and doing mock interviews so I was prepared for not only my internship but future careers.
They also provided support with finding my housing, getting wifi and phone and constant support answering my questions about doing an internship in Japan.

Although, I feel my skills may have been catered towards something slightly different than my internship placement, I really enjoyed working with the internship host company as they were extremely caring, helpful and allowed me to take on the role of Fashion Writer.
I learnt a lot about working in Japan overall, working in a different culture and environment and have also provided articles for the company I was working with which makes the experience even better!
I have also gained many new contacts and friends!

Overall, if you're even just a little bit interested in doing an Internship in Japan at all, I think its a great company to get in contact with and asking them everything you'd like to know!
They provide skype consultations, are fast at responding, very helpful and I feel its a great option for finding an internship with them!