Australia: Adelaide, Alice Springs, Atherton and 47 other citiesLength of Position: 1-4 Months
Start one of your life's greatest experiences "Down Under" with this flexible travel program great for summer or semester breaks. You can travel Australia at your own pace and contact our local office for job offers and housing assistance when needed. You work when and if you choose.
Types of jobs include:
* Serving lattes in a Sydney cafe
* Harvesting fruit in the Outback
* Pulling a pint in a Melbourne tavern
* Retail work in a local shop
* Driving a tourist tram in the Botanic Gardens
In your free time you can dive the Great Barrier Reef, climb Ayers Rock, bungee jump on the Gold Coast, swim with dolphins, ski and snowboard, rock climb in the Gold Coast or explore the Jenolan and Naracoorte Caves.
The Australia Work & Travel Program includes:
* Dedicated work consultants to help you find jobs and housing.
* Airport pickup, arrival orientation and social activities in Sydney.
* Bed and breakfast in Sydney for the first two nights.
* Backpackers World and VIP Backpackers membership with exclusive travel offers and discounts.
* Free internet access, mail holding and mail forwarding.
* Support from Working Abroad before, during and after your trip.
- BackPacking Abroad
- Cross/Back Country Skiing
- Cycling (Mountain)
- Cycling (Road/Touring)
- Hang Gliding
- Horseback Riding
- Kayaking (River)
- Kayaking (Sea)
- Native Culture Studies
- RainForest Tours
U.S. Citizen, 18- 30 years old.
- Culinary Arts / Cooking
- Ranch Employment
- Resort Employment
- Ski Resort Employment
- State Park Employment
Cost in US$:
Program Fees Include:
* Processing of your application and assistance in pre-departure logistics.
* Airport pickup on arrival in Sydney and sightseeing transfer to hostel (weekdays only).
* Two nights' accommodation (express check-in) with two breakfasts.
* Worldwide Workers membership with job offer guarantee in five working days.
* VIP Backpackers membership.
* Arrival pack with maps, Australia info and itinerary.
* Guided walk from hostel to Work & Travel Australia office.
* Four-hour afternoon orientation session followed by social evening.
* Work & Travel Australia photo ID giving you access to free Internet and cheap travel deals.
* Two months of free luggage storage at the Work & Travel Australia office.
* Work & Travel Australia Filofax (incl. Work & Travel Australia participant handbook, diary, address book and AUD 1,200 worth of discount vouchers).
* 24-hour emergency assistance by Work & Travel Australia.
* Best-price guarantee on travel products from all First Bases.
* Access to all services (including fax, photocopying and free internet) at all First Bases.
* Work & Travel Australia lounge (Sydney) open six days a week with free internet, television and newspapers.
* Mail holding and forwarding service for four months.
* Monthly Work & Travel Australia activities newsletter and e-zine.
* Weekly Work & Travel Australia parties at selected venues.
* Travel information evenings.
* An Activities and Program Coordinator to provide assistance and advice.
Entry-level seasonal staff type jobs with locally prevailing wage.
This Program is open to
American and Canadian Participants.
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Online Application