GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

Spain - Eco-friendly Hospitality Internship in Barcelona

Barcelona Hospitality Internship

I spent 7 weeks volunteering for HelloBCN hostel in Barcelona. I have only been home for a few days, and I am already missing Barcelona and the hostel. It was one of the best summers I have ever had, largely thanks to the staff, the guests, and being able to get to know Barcelona.

The days consisted of either serving breakfast, bartending, or “activities” days (going anywhere around Barcelona with guests). Working breakfast meant early mornings, but waking up early was the only part of the internship’s duties that felt like work. Working the bar was great for getting to know the guests, and activities days were always easily accomplished as I was constantly hanging out with guests regardless of being scheduled for activities or not.

I am so lucky to have had this experience. Leaving Barcelona I have a much greater sense of independence and a newfound awareness of the sheer amount of different places and cultures the world has to offer. I have never had a stronger appetite to travel, and credit my time in Barcelona to opening my eyes to the fascinating world of travel.