Edu-inter, International French School in Quebec City Header Image Edu-inter, International French School in Quebec City Header Image

French Immersion in Quebec City

Older adult at Edu-inter in Quebec

I am an older adult (semi-retired) and spent a week at Edu-inter learning French. The program is administered professionally and is excellent. I had a combination of didactic and semi-private conversational classes that were superb. My teacher was outstanding (Mme Lord) and was able to explain everything in French, even to a beginner like me! My stay with the host family was very good and my host treated me as a family member. He gave me a tour of the city and the bus system on the first day, so that I could take it to school every day. The bus system is a very efficient, easy, and not difficult at all. Quebec and the Quebecois are wonderful, kind and welcoming. It is one of the safest cities in the world. The best compliment that I can give, is that I plan to go back for another session at Edu-inter and continue to improve my knowledge of French.

• The Campus

Outstanding language school, far exceeding my expectations

I attended Edu-Inter’s Super-Intensive French program for 7 weeks. I started at level 3 (A1.1) and finished in level 7 (B2.2). I had only taken one semester of French before arrival. The teachers are excellent, but, more importantly, the staff members of Edu-Inter work with students to practice French outside of the classroom in dealing with day-to-day needs—a “French-only” policy is strictly enforced. Therefore, paying a bill become a learning situation using French with Keven, or discussing lodgings with Julie, running into Zorica in the elevator, chatting with Yan, Vanessa, Tommy, Guillaume, or even meeting previous instructors, in the hallways and staircases during breaks. This encourages students not just to learn French but to feel comfortable using it inside and outside of Edu-Inter. I am a Ph.D. candidate at Harvard University, and I need French to take literature courses in French. After my time at Edu-Inter, I have the confidence that I would not have been able to acquire in such a short time of language instruction; and this is what Edu-Inter means by “immersion”—feeling comfortable in the language. I would definitely return to study at Edu-Inter and recommend it to anyone interested in studying French. Be assured that before and during your time at Edu-Inter, the staff will work with you to accommodate any insecurities you may be feeling, especially at the beginning, as is normal in any language program. Tommy patiently exchanged nearly 40 emails with me answering questions and working with me to find the appropriate program and time frame for my studies. A very special thanks to all of the Edu-Inter instructors and staff for what I have accomplished, and a profound thank-you to Guillaume, the academic administrator, for his support throughout my time in the program.

• The Campus

La meilleure méthode pour prendre le francais

je suis tellement contente de prendre le français avec Edu-Inter, parce que, il est très nécessaire d'avoir toute l'immersion dans la langue qu'on doit apprendre et ici je l'ai obtenue. Et surtout, les activités qui se font en salle de classe, a l extérieur de l'école, ont fait que mon français soit très claire pour moi. De plus, l'environ est très beau, l'école n'est pas chère et le personnel avec qui on travaille sont des belles personnes.

J`ai vraiment aime

Desde que llegue me gusto mucho la escuela. Hay una gran variedad de personas, de todas las edades y de varios paises. Aprendi muchisimo. Estoy muy contenta de los resultados. no me arrepiento de haber venido. Hay varias actividades para hacer y todas muy buenas. Yo recomendaria hacer activadades fuera del colegio para tener mas contacto con la gente de aqui, pero fuera de eso me gusta mucho.

• The Campus

Realmente uma experiência Quebecois!

É a segunda vez que venho ao Québec para estudar francês e ter contato com a cultura quebecois, escolhi a Eduinter, pela boa acolhida, programa de aulas e atividades sempre muito interessantes e enriquecedoras.
O comprometimento do meu professor (Simon) em sempre esclarecer qualquer duvida e deixar o aprendizado de uma nova lingua mais facil foi surpreendente!
Progredi meu francês e consegui os resultados esperados. C'est super!

Una experencia increible!

El programa de estudios es muy eficaz. Despues de varios dias, empiezas a empaparte de la cultura, la experiencia, y finalmente; vives la misma lengua. me diverti muchisimo on las actividades de Edu-Inter y la convivencia con alumnos de otras partes del mundo, enriquecio mi sed de mundo.
Fue una experiencia inolvidable.

A Great Way to be Immersed in the French Language and Culture

My stay at Edu-Inter was above my expectations. The host family was very accommodating and provided a family atmosphere that encouraged conversation in French. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I will stay longer next time. The teaching methods encourage reading, writing and conversation.

Meine kulturelle und sprachliche Erfahrung in Quebec

Ich habe drei Wochen bei Edu-Inter Französisch studiert. In Deutschland habe ich zuvor noch nie Französisch in der Schule gehabt. Bei Edu-Inter wird nur Französisch gesprochen, wodurch man sehr schnell in die Sprache hineinfindet. Die Lehrer sind sehr sympatisch und für alle Fragen offen und man kann sehr schnell seine sprachlichen Fähigkeiten verbessern. Nach meinen Kurs ist es mir jetzt möglich mich in Französisch zu verständigen. Ich bedanke mich bei der Schule für das gute Programm, was meine Entwicklung in Französisch sehr geholfen hat. Auch die Stadt Quebec ist wunderschön und ich empfehle jeden hier einmal zu wohnen.

Édu-Inter - First Rate Language School

I studied at Édu-Inter for 3.5 months, hoping to enhance my level of French in order to return to Ontario to find a job teaching French in the public education system. I am very pleased with the progress that I have made and attribute it equally to the excellent teaching that I received during my intensive French classes and to the unique homestay program that is offered through Édu-Inter. Everyone whom I met in Québec was warm and welcoming and were genuine in their efforts to help me immerse myself in the language and culture: it was definitely a special experience that I will not soon forget.

Mi experiencia con EduInter

Mi nombre es Cinthia y soy peruana. Cuando llegue a Quebec City hace 6 semanas no sabia casi nada de frances y me sentia perdida porque estaba viviendo en una ciudad completamente francofona. Por lo tanto, decidi inscribirme en Edu Inter para poder aprender el idioma. La experiencia fue totalmente positiva porque la escuela tiene una politica de hablar unicamente en frances entre los estudiantes y el staff de EduInter. Ademas, mi profesora de nivel principiante tenia mucha paciencia y las clases eran muy dinamicas, a pesar de tener un nivel basico del idioma. La escuela esta equipada con todos las herramientas necesarias como una biblioteca, cafeteria, gimnasio, entre otros. Me siento feliz de haber elegido a EduInter como mi escuela de frances porque puedo regresar a Peru satisfecha de haber aprendido el idioma, conocer personas de todo el mundo y de haber vivido en Quebec, una ciudad segura que tiene mucho encanto.