Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programshttp://www.connect-123.com/programs/intern...
11000 S Bay Ln Austin, TX 78739 United States
South Africa: Cape Town (Kaapstad), Stellenbosch
Throughout the year
Participate in this extraordinary international internship in Cape Town, South Africa that is personalized and tailored to your interests and expectations. Opportunities are available in business, health care, human rights, education and many other fields. Connect-123 bridges the gap between those seeking an extraordinary international internship experience and organizations in Cape Town with short-term projects for talented, diverse individuals to work on.
Our Cape Town team is made up of experienced consultants who have the skills to identify concrete needs within organizations seeking interns.
Prior to your arrival, we design an internship project, in consultation with you and the host organization, to deliver tangible results to the organization as well as real educational and experiential value to you.
We are a one-stop shop for whatever you need, whenever you need it, before, during, and after your stay in Cape Town. We know Cape Town is far from home. We take care of the details so that you can focus on getting the most career-related value out of your internship, while enjoying all that this vibrant city has to offer.
Connect-123 program highlights:
- A placement coordinator who specializes in your field of interest to guide you through the application process, giving you insight into local opportunities and placing you in a position that suits your specific skills and experience.
- All the information you need to plan your trip and prepare for life in Cape Town
- Secure, central housing, with easy access to our on-the-ground staff
- Substantial local support, from providing logistical assistance to career and personal mentoring to hands-on help in case of an emergency
- Regular social and cultural activities to help you meet other interns and experience all that Cape Town has to offer.
Cape Town Highlights:
Cape Town is rated as one of the most beautiful cities in the world and for good reason: few cities are home to white sandy beaches, scenic hiking trails, spectacular ocean views and a 3,563 foot mountain!
Cape Town has something for everyone. Nature lovers can explore national parks, picturesque botanical gardens, historic winelands, and endless stretches of the Atlantic and Indian Ocean coasts. Adventure-seekers can sail, paraglide, surf, bungee jump, shark cage dive, sandboard, cycle, climb, run, paddle, and swim their way around the Western Cape at any time of the year. Culture-vultures can explore Cape Town's interesting political history, experience the art forms of its diverse cultures and learn more about social change and development in a new democracy. For socialites and foodies there are world-class restaurants, friendly locals and a vibrant nightlife.
With so much to do and see in Cape Town and South Africa, we're always happy to provide advice on how to plan your adventure.
Connect-123 internships are tailor-made for students, graduates, and professionals in any field. Based on your specific interests and goals, we will find a unique opportunity that best meets your needs.
Connect-123's program fee includes the following:
- creating a tailor-made internship that specifically meets your needs
- arranging secure, high quality, centrally located accommodation based on your budget
- assisting with local transport, from providing advice on public transport routes to arranging long-term car hire
- airport meet and greet service
- a complete South Africa preparation and orientation information pack
- a comprehensive orientation on arrival and free ticket for a guided city bus tour, that highlights all that Cape Town has to offer
- advice and mentoring before, during, and after your stay
- access to our social program and discounts on tourist activities
- 24/7 emergency support and hands-on assistance
Connect-123 arranges unpaid internships for students and professionals looking to gain valuable work experience in Cape Town. South African law prohibits non-residents from receiving any income during their stay in South Africa without a valid work permit.
Independently or in Groups
Connect-123 facilitates international internship and volunteer positions, linking students and graduates with hands-on learning opportunities in Argentina, China, Ireland, South Africa and Spain for personal and career development. We work across a wide range of fields including business, education, health care, human rights, journalism, social work, and sustainable development and, through our unique consulting process, aim to match the right person to the right local organization, creating equal value for both. Our local knowledge, commitment and passion for what we do ensures that participants feel fully supported and helps them to make the most of their experience abroad.
When I started looking into intern opportunities I was very open to options. My preference was interning at a design firm, but I was open to anything remotely related to the art and design field. I...More
I'd had it in my head since first visiting Africa in 2007 that I wanted to make it back before too long. I had no idea that I'd be able to be back in Cape Town just three years later. I had a lot...More
Architecture is, and always has been, one of my foremost passions. As my undergraduate studies were coming to a close in the spring in 2009, I struggled with the decision of whether or not to postp...More
It didn't matter how many people from my school arrived with me. I was still on this adventure by myself, to learn, grow, and explore this new place. It was intimidating at first, to realize I wo...More
In Sweden and the rest of the EU we have the opportunity to apply to send out our professional students on internships to other countries. Before it was mainly within Europe, but a few years back i...More
Did you participate on a program with Connect-123 Internship & Volunteer Programs?
Share your thoughts!