Study abroad students Study abroad students

CEA Study Abroad in Grenoble, France

If you're looking for a sign - this is it!

The summer of 2016 will forever be the most influential and pivotal point in my life. Grenoble, in a matter of DAYS, became the home my heart had tirelessly been searching for. The culture, the people, the food, the bars, the trams, trains, mountains and nature- the city provides everything you could want or need. There were times of course, when I grew homesick for my family, friends, boyfriend, and course, cats; but thanks to the WONDERFUL on sight adviser- Patrick Foley- I was able to learn how to trust myself, to believe in myself and grow. Patrick truly became more than a program adviser, he is a dearly loved friend and confidante. My last week in Grenoble, I had to go to the Emergency room for suspected appendicitis. I couldn't use my phone but my housemates called and informed Patrick that I was en route to the local ER. When I arrived at the hospital Patrick was already there with a hug and comforting words to help me get through that stressful time. I went into the hospital at 4pm and Patrick never left my side until I made it back to my apartment at 5am the next morning. That summer in Grenoble was the best time of my life, I learned so much about myself, about friendships and the bond of a community. If I haven't convinced you to travel to Grenoble and kick it with my boy Patrick then maybe you can go back with me because you can be sure that I will be making Grenoble my home as soon as I can.

It was a blast

My most memorable experience was a trip to Arles, France organized by CEA. The gorgeous city and monuments are one of my fondest memories.

I chose my program due to the flexible duration and availability.

My apartment provided was very comfortable and in a safe area. I shared the apartment with three other American girls. When we experienced electricity or internet problems, our program would send someone over to fix it immediately.

A life changing adventure

I had a blast in Grenoble, France studying the marvelous language and culture. Although I had to find locals to befriend on my own, the events and trips organized by CEA were truly amazing and life changing. Living was safe and comfortable, while the public transportation allowed easy travel around the city. CEA provided a knowledgable leader and I truly enjoyed his company. CEA takes care and embraces its students and truly gives them a life changing adventure.

I wish they selected a university that gave more class options.

Amazing apartment in a safe area was provided and the home stays were very nice.

Didn't offer many "meet and greet" locals events.

Patrick (our leader) was very fun and knowledgable.