Broadreach Header Image Broadreach Header Image

Caribbean Underwater Discoveries Voyage

An experience of growth, culture, and diving

I came on this trip expecting to live on a boat, get some certifications, meet some friends and go home. I left with a new outlook on life. I learned teamwork, cooperation, hard work, humility, respect, and so much more. I will forever have my Broadreach family who I will stay in contact with for years to come. It took me months of being back home after my trip, to begin to understand what Broadreach did for me. Advice I'd give to people considering this trip: Pack more bathing suits than you think, don't bring anything you wouldn't want to go in the ocean, and be open minded.

The experience of a lifetime

I don't even know where to start. From the unbelievable dives, the beautiful sights, to the amazing people Broadreach isn't just your everyday camp. From the minute you get there from the minute you leave your day is jam packed with once and a life time opportunities. The people there are amazing, and I still text them everyday. When I show my friends at home pictures from the trip they are all in awe. I can't imagine a better way to spend my summer than at Broadreach.

Lifelong memories

I cannot stop telling everyone how great my trip to the Caribbean with Broadreach was this past summer. I had the experience of a lifetime. I made so many new friends, all of whom I am still in contact with, and learned so much. My time spent on the Africa was by far one of the best trips I have every been on. The counselors were very knowledgeable and great to be around. They had everything organized, taught us how to sail, and showed us how to properly scuba dive. I am already planning my next summer's trip - hopefully, I can talk my parents into two!!

Trip of a lifetime

This trip completely changed my life! It made me more confident and independent. I got to see and do things that I had never dreamed of being able to do. I learned so much about myself and the world around me! This trip made me more adventurous and willing to try new things and meet new people. I felt like a new person when I got back! Thanks Broadreach for giving me the summer of a lifetime!

New Perspectives

Honestly, I could talk about this trip forever and come up with plenty of instances from it that still bring me pure happiness. I still feel beyond lucky to have been given the opportunity to take part in it.

Obviously the people were a big part of what made the trip so awesome. Some of us were so different from each other, but that's what made it so much more interesting and fun. Such a special bond is built between everyone, regardless of who they are. I also could not have asked for better instructors, I know they worked so hard to make the trip as good as it could be.

I think from looking back on the trip as a whole, it's hard to recall any actual nervous feelings I had about it. If you feel hesitant about it at all for maybe things to do with meeting new people, being away from home, or whatever else, this trip/Broadreach in general makes a point to have those fears turn into something you would not even think of anymore. For this particular trip, it's inevitable for you to NOT become close with the people on your boat, and any challenges end up being completely worth it.

If you choose this trip, you will be exposed to the most beautiful scenery and to some of the most fun you could have, and you learn so much about yourself and the people around you; I still keep in touch with people on my boat. The scuba diving is AMAZING and you will never fall short of having anything to do in general. Like anything else, the actual experience couldn't be described and there's a certain feeling of happiness I get whenever something from the trip comes to mind.

This is a Review and a Half

10/10 would do again. I heard of Broadreach through my parents, who had been looking for scuba diving and marine biology programs for me for a while. This was the only one they found that really appealed to me, and I was not disappointed! This program was the perfect introduction to sailing and scuba diving, in the beautiful Caribbean. The staff were amazing, and were some of the nicest people I have met. They were passionate about what they did, and were happy to share all that they knew. I had a ton of fun and would love to do it again.
As I said. 10/10.

Non Stop Adventure

This was the first trip I've done with Broadbeach and I enjoyed every bit of it! I met new friends that I am still in contact with, got my advanced open water scuba certification and learned a lot about sailing. I had wonderful instructors who helped me learn a lot. Everyone on my boat was so cooperative and helped out with all our chores and cooking. We got to dive tons of times, went cliff jumping, shopping, swimming around the boat and had so much fun.

I highly recommend this trip to anyone, especially if you've never gone on a trip like this before and want to learn a lot. Broadreach is a great program and I look forward to the next trip I go on!

Best Experience of My Life

When I first learned of Broadreach, my only thoughts afterword revolved around this incredible trip I couldn't even believe was real. The day I found out I could go & signed up changed my life. Being immersed in such a loving environment with nothing but positivity and admiration is one thing you won't find anywhere else outside of Broadbeach. The Caribbean Underwater Discoveries program was the perfect choice for me because it embodied a piece of each aspect that Broadbeach is about; such as diving, sailing, teamwork, and social immersion. I grew both mentally and physically after my 17 days living on our catamaran, and it is something I will have forever with me wherever I go.
Not only do I have new goals and aspirations because of this trip, but I also have a second family; which extends farther than just my boat. Being with such a closely bound group of people taught me so much about who I was & respecting who people are as individuals also.
Living so far away from the ocean but always having a passion for it really made this trip even more beautiful for me. Whether being in or out of the water, it gave me a sense of peace and understanding that this was where I was meant to be; sun on my back and salt in my hair. Diving also did this for me. It solidified my love of the ocean and it's marine life in an environment which I was never able to experience before thanks to my wonderful dive instructors.
Broadbeach changed my life, and the Caribbean Underwater Discoveries program definitely was a major factor in this realization, because I wouldn't have gotten the same experiences anywhere else. The love and compassion of the staff is something I will never forget, along with every late night, every laugh, and every day spent on my boat.

A New Outlook on Life

Having never gone away from my family for this long with a group of people I didn't even know yet, I did not know what to expect. From the start, I was excited about scuba diving but I wasn't sure how I would enjoy the experience away from my family. Although, by the end of the trip, I realized I had been with my family all along. The new family that is unique to Broadbeach and the teenagers who go on the trips. Instantly, I became very close friends with all 10 people on my boat. Relationships that I know will last a lifetime and so far, they are well on their way to lasting forever. In addition to the excellence of the counselors and their special ability to seem just like another explorer of the same age, there is no feeling like being 100ft down in the ocean. When underwater, in addition to looking at the amazing surroundings of the terrific Caribbean, just being able to look up towards the surface and think where I was and what I was accomplishing was indescribably and utterly amazing. Broadbeach might seem like another program to go explore the wilderness like so many others but in reality, it is so much more.

Coolest Experience Ever!

This broadreach trip is amazing! It gives you the opportunity to learn in a very hands on and fun style. All of the instructors are very skilled and supportive. This trip has a great balance of education and enjoyment. By the end of this trip you will be a skilled sailor and scuba diver and also have some great memories!

Scuba diving ship wrecks, snorkeling with sea turtles, and bioluminescence were truly memorable.

I chose the program because it seemed like it had a good intro to scuba and sailing.

There were four rooms, two for the girls and two for the boys. Four bathrooms. We always slept outside because it was cooler, there was more room, and we could see the stars. There was a pretty big kitchen and dining area with a sofa and there was a big table outside.

All of the instructors were really cool and taught well. It's a good idea to study a bit before you go. There's a really awesome place called Jobeans where you can make your own glass beads.