ABC Spanish Tuition and Homestay Header Image ABC Spanish Tuition and Homestay Header Image

"ABC" Spanish Tuition and Homestay in La Paz Bolivia

Great experiential Spanish education

I studied with William for more than four months during my stay in La Paz. Now, I am now confident and comfortable speaking with just about anyone. I even speak Spanish in my sleep sometimes! Lessons with William consist of intensive and detailed grammar review, conversational speaking practice, writing, speaking, and listening activities, and everyday-skill practice for moving around in La Paz, as well as introduction to vocabulary (William has INCREDIBLE knowledge of vocabulary and their EXACT translations in English). I now have a fundamental understanding of language, leading me to understand mechanics of English that had never crossed my mind. During my time studying with William, I got to know his lovely family and would often stay late chatting with his wife. Studying with William is not just a mechanical education, it's an experiential education. He was a great resource for any questions I had about Bolivia, La Paz, transportation methods, colloquial phrases, and much, much, more. I highly recommend William and ABC Spanish Tuition for anyone excited and committed to learning Spanish!

Excellent Spanish class in La Paz

My wife and I booked 15 hours of Spanish with William to help us build up a basic level of conversational Spanish.
William met us from our hotel in La Paz on the first day and showed us how to get to his home (also his language school), offering us some info on the city as we went.
I personally really liked William's style of teaching. He's very patient and gentle, clearly helping us learn both a proposed syllabus as well as anything we particularly wanted to learn. He provided us with a good amount of paper takeaways so that we can continue our learnings, including lots of his own written notes from our lessons.
On the language side, William has a terrific grasp of Spanish language and grammar.
When studying at his home, his wife would frequently offer us freshly brewed coffee and snacks. William was also happy to meet us in the city for 'outside lessons', e.g. showing us around some of the lesser visited markets and taking us for traditional hapi (a corn-based hot drink). Lastly, William was flexible around our needs, for example being relaxed about us having to move or cancel one lesson due to us having altitude sickness.
If you're interested in learning Spanish in a nice, safe and comfortable environment - I would definitely recommend ABC Language School & William. We felt we learnt a lot during our lessons that was incredibly helpful for our travels. On a side note, they also offer a homestay option, though we didn't go for this ourselves as they were already full.

• The Campus

A highly recommended experience for travellers wanting to learn Spanish

I definitely got more out of my short 8 day spanish lessons (& homestay) than what i thought would. I didn't do a lot of homework but from what i did do, i can tell there is the option to further maximize the lessons depending on how much you are willing to do. What i am most happy about is that i can practice & still progress further as i am equipped with useful notes, tables/summaries & booklets with further explanations.

The Spanish lessons were based on real life situations & gave me a great base to work from. I also had the option to customise my lessons to learn anything i specifically desired. Living in a Spanish speaking home helped me practice what i had learned. William is a very patient & is passionate about his teaching. He ensured i understood anything he taught. He was also happy to help me & answer questions out of the lessons.

The meals that William´s wife Leticia cooked were the best I´ve had in Bolivia, many of them traditional & as a vegetarian i was FULLY catered for. Leticia was very warm & bubbly & was always keen to take me places. I was really included into the family - like movie nights with blankets, conversations, tea/coffee/hot chocolate time etc.

I definitely recommend this unique experience to anybody wanting to learn Spanish