Intern in Japan with Zentern
Zentern Header Image Zentern Header Image

Intern in Japan with Zentern

The richest 4 months of my life!

In a very short period of time, Zentern allowed me to get a computer science internship in a brand news Japanese startup! This signed the beginning of my very first time going and living in Tokyo! I already knew that going to Japan would be great. However, I didn't expect such a fantastic journey over there!

Once here, I enjoyed many many things such as learning how Japanese people work , how they celebrate various work-related events (hanami too!), when and why one can use Japanese greetings ( おつかれさまです、行ってきます,行ってらしゃい!) and a lot more.
Oh! And I think that the staff @ Zentern is just pure gold. They set up events and guide us through nice places that can be hard to find or fully enjoy on our own. They also really care about us (how we feel, how is the integration and such) as well as making sure we have everything we need. In my opinion, people at Zentern are really cool, chill and nice. Oh, and classy too :).
I am really grateful to Zentern for the huge opportunity they enabled me to seize and that happened to be one of the richest experience in my life.
In overall, I am really delighted that I did obtain what I wanted the more, which is: discovering a rich diversity of foods and social behaviors as well as lovely places & people!

An amazing three months!

Zentern provided excellent service from start to finish! From the first skype consultation, I knew I was in good hands with Noa. Zentern provided my internship placement, housing placement, and all kinds of advice during my three months. I was able to make friends with other interns who were brought in from Intern in Japan, too! Zentern holds various events through the year, such as day trips and walking tours, so there's always an opportunity to explore Tokyo with someone experienced. Tokyo is full of amazing things to do... like owl cafes! I couldn't recommend this program enough. It jump started my career out of college, and because of my experience with my internship, I even landed a full-time job in Japan!

Internship in Tokyo

My month in Japan was absolutely fantastic and I wish I could have stayed longer. I’m glad that I applied through Intern in Japan as both Noa and Taku were helpful, friendly and supportive, which not only made this experience possible but also facilitated my stay in Tokyo. Even though I’ve been to Tokyo several times in the past, living there as more of a local rather than a tourist allowed me to view the city and people in an entirely different light. Unfortunately Noa wasn’t present in Tokyo when I was there, but even so she kept in contact with me throughout and even after my trip to make sure that everything was alright. Taku, who met with us instead of Noa, was just as amiable and accommodating.
I’m thankful for this overall experience, as not only did I have an amazing time but it also influenced my decision to apply to graduate schools in Tokyo so hopefully I will be able to return and live there soon.
I definitely recommend Zentern and I hope that everyone will have just as positive an experience as I did.

Internship in Tokyo

I had a wonderful experience in Tokyo with the help of the team from Zentern. Noa skillfully guided me through every step of the application process and continuously checked up on me throughout my stay in Japan, even after my departure. The other member of the Zentern team, Taku, was always available to meet up in Tokyo during my internship and provide any assistance I might need. Tokyo is a wonderful and incredibly exciting city - despite jam-packing my days with activities for over a month, I still hope to return and keep ticking things off of my bucket list. The food is amazing, the sights are beautiful and the people are truly friendly and helpful, even if, like me, you barely speak a word of Japanese. I would definitely recommend visiting and working as an intern in Japan, and would encourage you to contact Zentern to have an experience that is as positive and memorable as mine was.

The best program ever!

The experience I had living and working in Japan was great. I wasn't used to working everyday and struggles the first weeks. But I got used to it rather quickly and didn't expect to learn about so many new things. Social life was amazing, I made new friends while living in the shared house. I'm glad I signed up for this program, I am glad I invested in my future and received the proper support from Zentern. I would do it all over again if I could!

Great experience and support!

I was actually worried about coming to Japan to do an internship because I don't speak Japanese well and didn't know how things worked there. But their team made me feel welcome with their consulting and their smooth placement process. Choosing to stay at a shared house, I was able to meet new people to explore the city with. I definitely recommend this program to other people!

International start of my career

This was my first time in Japan and will definitely not be my last time! I've met awesome people and really enjoyed my internship at an international IT company that expanded my network en connections around the world. I learned a bit of Japanese during my stay. The support of Zentern was very helpful, they organised several gatherings with other interns and locals. We went out for dinner and drinks and made some good friends along the way. You should try Okonomiyaki which is my favorite food :).

Lifechanging!

I joined Zentern this February and will complete my Graphic Design internship in July. Up until now everything has been fantastic! After having a consultation with Zentern I was convinced that an internship was the best option for me as I have always been interested in the Japanese culture. There is a lot of competition in the design field and I needed something unique. Zentern picked the right company for me right away which I am very thankful for! At the moment I am enjoying and learning something new everyday. My co-workers are very helpful and I am busy designing a new website for a Japanese cosmetic company. I met up with some other interns through Zentern’s gatherings and field trips. I’ve already decided that I will come back to look for a job after graduation. I am very thankful and happy I made this step, I have the feeling I learned so much more than I ever would in class! Without Zentern this might not have been possible at all!

Great experience!

I would like to thank Zentern and my supervisors for this amazing experience. I am majoring in IT and Business at the moment. Zentern found me an internship in Tokyo at a venture IT-company.
I was in charge of developing mobile application and helped out with some software engineering. Because my major is in Business as well, my supervisors also wanted me to help out with the market strategies and promotions of these products.
I developed great skills in communication and marketing and improved my coding skills.

I exactly know what I would like to do after I graduate and can't thank Zentern enough for their assistance.
I was a bit nervous prior to arrival and during my first week but they always took good care of me by taking us out for dinner and some trips (we went to Kamakura, Odaiba and Saitama!). The housing was great too, I made a lot of friends in a short time.

I definitely recommend everyone this program!

Exciting intercultural exchange

Working with Zentern was wonderful. The main coordinator, Noa Aziz, was friendly, flexible, and fun at every turn. I was looking for a summer internship that would allow me to really learn about the culture of Japan, and due to my lack of Japanese language knowledge, I ended up interning for a small English school in Tokyo. I loved working with the kids and my supervisor was excellent, offering me tips and cultural tidbits all the time. Having worked a number of office jobs in the past, having more interpersonal work was refreshing. The field trips Zentern organized were also stellar, ranging from downtown walks in Shibuya to historical tours of Kamakura.
Ultimately, the best part of interning abroad is immersing yourself fully in a location. Explore nonstop - that's what I did for 7 weeks, and I'll never regret it. Japan is brimming with history, boasts one of the safest environments in the world, and has a unique way of life worth experiencing firsthand. The intercultural experience is really priceless.
The only thing that could have made this internship better was having more Japanese language knowledge on my part. It's perfectly possible to get by without knowing a word of Japanese, but so many more opportunities open up when you do!

New experience in Tokyo

I decided to come to Japan to expand my curriculum vitae, restricted to Europe and the Middle East.
I needed help, because I don’t speak the language and I didn’t know Japan at all, so what I needed was a contact in Tokyo that it could arrange my internship in a short time; so I decided to lean on “Zentern” to look into the Japanese labor market and to have a firsthand look to Japan economics, politics and culture. My choice has been truly fitting!
The staff (Noa in the specific) is extremely qualified, knowledgeable and always available, especially for those who like me do not speak the language at all and never been to Japan before.
I did not have any problems with both the internship and with the city, mainly thanks to Noa.
Work has been fruitful and has helped me build solid skills that I can use in the future.
Undoubtedly my experience in Tokyo has been positive in all possible ways, I feel like advising anyone interested in doing a work experience in this city to contact “Zentern”.
You will not be disappointed.

Amazing experience

Interning in Japan was one of the best experiences I've ever had. From start to finish the Zentern program was incredibly supportive and eased the process of interning in a foreign country. The program offered constructive resume and interview tips and feedback along with ensuring you an internship placement and helping you find accommodations if needed. Not only that but the program holds events and day trips so you can meet other interns and network, but more importantly just have fun!

Interning in Japan is an amazing experience, and is an opportunity for anyone looking to try something new. Even if you don't know fluent Japanese and don't plan on living in Japan, it will be a memorable experience and surely enhance your resume. Moreover, just living in Tokyo is an experience in and of itself. There is so much to do and see in the city and its nearby surroundings.

Overall, I would highly recommend this program. It's a great experience for anyone.

Japan's experience

It was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Zentern gives an amazing support to find a suitable internship for anyone. I got my internship within two weeks prior travel. The support from Zentern during the internship was not as good as before the internship but still overall good.

The internship in "deVere Group" itself was amazing. I got a chance to experience almost all aspects of the company, and had the chance to talk to real clients.

I recommend an Zentern for anyone because it is a life experience.

Marketing Internship

I had an amazing time in Tokyo! I Definitely recommend Zentern. It was my first time in Japan and the support I received from the staff made it alot more accessible and easier, especially in the beginning. My internship was at an IT company as a marketing intern. I had to promote a new app through online channels and events held on Tokyo. My boss took me to several meetings with partners and we sometimes went out for drinks after work. This program definitely made me realize what I want to do after I graduate and I'm sure this valuable experience will help me to achieve my career goals.