WUJS Intern Program In Israel
Young Judaea Header Image Young Judaea Header Image

WUJS Intern Program In Israel

Young Judaea

I participated on two programs with Young Judea: Onward Israel Summer and WUJS Fall 2016. I always loved the idea of living in Israel to strengthen my connection to Judaism, so I researched short term programs and stumbled upon Onward Israel. This program is geared towards college students, and provided internships, stipends and housing in Bat Yam. We interned 4-days a week, and had weekly field trips, and weekly seminars. Tamar, my madricha, was also our main guide in Israel. She is one of the kindest people I know, and joined us every week for our field trips in addition to experts and Israeli friends. Some of my favorite trips included snorkeling in Eilat, hiking Ein Gedi, and the Salad Trail.

I didn't expect to feel such a strong connection to Israel in my two months there, and I wanted to explore this connection further so I participate in another program: WUJS. I stayed another five months and moved from Bat Yam to Florentine. I chose WUJS as my program provider as it was a pluralistic program with the same structure as Onward Israel and I would have the same program staff from my summer program. WUJS, unlike Onward, also offered Ulpan to its students, which was beneficial.

My favorite part of WUJS was my internship experience. Not only did my internship with YaLa Young Leaders help me with career growth, they became a part of my Israeli family. I'm very appreciative of the work YaLa contributes to peace-building in the Middle East. Further, my personal relationships with the team helped with my self-growth and development. I came to Israel not only because I love the country but to also better understand the geopolitical complexities in this region and how that implicates the future of Israel.

My internship experience coupled with the program provided by WUJS and the community I created living abroad helped me with tackling this issue. After 8 months, it was definitely hard leaving Israel. Looking back, it was very special to experience first hand the resiliency of Israel and Israelis, and also to visit so many organizations and companies who are contributing a plethora of advantageous ideas and technologies to our global community. I'm so passionate about Israel and being able to live there meant the world to me. I cannot wait to go back!

The life changing best experience ever

WUJS was the ultimate experience, and a perfect segue into my new career path. I had the best time of my life on this trip, and wished it was longer. Some of my best friends were made during this time, and the best memories that I will look back on. I encourage all my friends who have not done WUJS to do it, and experience the most rewarding and fun time of your life in Tel Aviv. I tell all my friends that I left my heart in Tel Aviv.

Transformative

Truly a life changing experience. From the ability to advance my career with a tailor made internship to the social dynamic and lifestyle that I got to experience in Tel Aviv, Wujs has surpassed all my expectations.

Finding Florentin

WUJS is what you make of it. I took its flexibility and did in Israel exactly what I wanted to. I met incredible people on my program, we traveled all over the country, exploring and wanderlusting, but also stayed in our apartments in Florentin sometimes and had just as an amazing time as we did rappelling down waterfalls and finding hidden hot springs up north. WUJS gave me the tools to make my time in Tel Aviv everything I hoped for and more. With independence, the right mindset, and the right people, your program through WUJS can be the time of your life; it was for me.