- Au Pair
Year - Round
American, Australian, Canadian and European Participants.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
3-week course, 20 hours a week.
95¬ for each additional week.
Salary & Compensation
Au Pair participants must be over 18 years old.
These programs are designed for those who are looking to live an experience of immersion into Spanish life. Participants can improve their Spanish language while getting to know a new culture while living with a local host family and helping to care for their children. Working as an Au Pair is not for everyone. Caring for small children requires a great deal of maturity, responsibility, and patience. Furthermore, participants must be prepared to adapt to a new culture and a new family.
The Au Pairs selected by YES have the responsibility to accompany, help and teach the family's children during their stay in the city. They must carry out a series of tasks which vary by household but typically include the following:
- Take and pick up children from school
- Keep the children's rooms clean and tidy
- Take care of children's laundry
- Help with homework and with the children's chores
- Prepare dinner for themselves and the children
- Speak to the children in English if the family requests
- Babysit up to two nights a week
- Be responsible for their own personal spending, such as: phone calls, language courses, travel expenses, toiletries and entertainment.
Au Pairs are also responsible for light cleaning and general help around the house. This includes tasks such as setting the table and picking up, sweeping/ mopping the floor, washing dishes and laundry. They do not carry out heavier household chores.
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records