Volunteer in Thailand with World Endeavors
World Endeavors Header Image World Endeavors Header Image

Volunteer in Thailand with World Endeavors

I'm glad I didn't set any expectations

I didn't set expectations because it was a completely different part of the World and I'm glad I didn't set any because it let my experience just be very open to anything. I really like living with the host family and it was a very authentic experience I would go back there. My host mom was the best host mom anyone could ask for she made the experience so fun and made us reach out of our comfort zone which made the experience very fun and memorable.

I would recommend this program because people need to get out of their comfort zone and experience other parts of the World to become a more well rounded citizen and more knowledgable of other cultures.

It's a great opportunity!

Everything leading up to the program was overwhelming. The idea of traveling to a different country alone for the first time, the language barrier, the fear of not being completely prepared and so on. After being there and experiencing the country I realized it was nothing as I expected, but better!

My advisor was amazing and so supportive, especially when things got a little complicated. Everything ran smoothly and this program gave me the opportunity to do something incredible.

Excellent experience

I would recommend World Endeavors to a friend/colleague because I was able to create an experience that I want to go/do (where, what, how long, etc.). I had contacted an individual who had just returned from interning in Thailand via email and asked her what I should expect when I arrive. She replied by saying that I should try to have little or no expectations. I was hard not to have any expectations, but any that I did have were greatly different than what I actually experienced in Thailand.

loved the country

I completely loved the country the people and the children I worked with. I found like I was at home, everyone was so kind to all of us volunteers. I would recommend this program because World Endeavors was always present during the experience.

Why I shouldn't??!!

When asked if I should recommend World Endeavors my answer is why I shouldn't??!! I am extremely glad for discovering a new kind of culture, for meeting new people from different nationalities and for making an incredible experience.

Life changing experience- for the better

I had a very positive experience and I am very thankful for all WE did for me. I did not know what to expect when arriving in Thailand, but everyone was so welcoming and friendly willing to help. I would not of had this experience if it wasn't for WE. Very organized and helpful. I could tell everyone knew what they were doing.

I think everyone should go volunteer

I think everyone should go volunteer in another culture. It gives you so much perspective.
The in-country coordinators are absolutely amazing people. They are the most loving and big hearted people I’ve ever met. I learned so much from them.
My advisor was great. I wasn’t always accessible with my hectic work schedule in the US but she was patient and helped me get everything worked out before I went.
I had an awesome family home stay assignment, met so many amazing friends, felt impactful at my work assignment and got to see many beautiful things. It was life changing!

Best experience of my life!

Best experience of my life! Thank you for this opportunity! Meeting incredible and inspirational people, exploring, and being able to travel across the world all by myself which forced me to step out of my comfort zone and pushed me to my limits. I met the most kind and nicest people ever. Everyone was so helpful and it was easy to learn and navigate all by myself and be very independent. And I got to help make a difference in the kids I worked with lives.

My friend will be going to Ghana this summer. I recommended it because it's very helpful and was an amazing experience.

An incredible, unexpected experience

My original intent in volunteering abroad in Thailand was ideally to work in a hospital or clinic to gain experience with patients and clinicians in another country. When I was placed in a childcare center, I was admittedly a little hesitant since I requested to be placed with adults. I decided I wouldn't let this deter me because I still wanted to have this experience and have my eyes opened regardless of the demographic I would be helping. The pre-departure process was very well spelled out, and I always knew who to call for questions. Everyone involved was exceedingly friendly and helpful. My month in Thailand was one of the best of my life. I was able to travel before and after my two weeks in Bangkok. The first week my friend and I spent in Chiang Mai and Pai, and the last week was spend in Krabi. The transportation was cheap and manageable. Each city/town was so distinct but so authentic in their own ways. Getting to our temporary home in Bangkok was also a breeze thanks to my wonderful host parents, Goi and Wan. The home was very comfortable and private, and the food was to die for. Wan thankfully took us on a few tours of the city and was happy to give us rides to and from the airport. The childcare center itself exceeded my expectations. The staff was wonderful and we had great times despite the obvious language barriers. I felt useful and even felt connections with many of the children there. I still wish I could have left more of a lasting impression or done more concrete medical work, but I still think about Thailand and those children all the time. I would be hard pressed to give a better review. Thailand treated us so, so well, from central Bangkok atop impossibly high buildings, to the rural areas many tourists avoid. I would recommend this World Endeavors Volunteer Abroad in Thailand program to anyone who would listen.