Volunteer in Guatemala with World Endeavors
World Endeavors Header Image World Endeavors Header Image

Volunteer in Guatemala with World Endeavors

Good program

The program was well put together, and WE helped to smooth out any problems that had occurred. They helped set everything up. I experienced what I had hoped to culturally, and in the volunteer site, I was exposed to more than I had expected and hoped for. Thank you for all the help. It was a good program and cultural experience.

Exceeded expectations

My experience in Guatemala exceeded my expectations because it was nothing I have ever done before. I tried my best to not expect much, but there was always that little bit that had me thinking of what life might be like in Guatemala and what I may encounter. Everyone there was so friendly, not even just the people I was with on a daily basis, but everyone I passed in the streets just either walking to my program, on a bus, or just walking around freely. Everyone I passed said hello and if in the morning, they would say good morning, or if in the afternoon they would say good afternoon (of course in spanish). That was amazing to me. Everyone was so helpful if I needed it and my program welcomed me with open arms and that was just amazing to me.

The World Endeavors team helped make my experience abroad so enjoyable and helped prepare me as much as possible so that I could have the best possible experience. This program has a variety of opportunities to choose from and I hope I can continue to do more trips though them.

They made sure that everything was layed out for me so that I was as prepared as possible for my trip to Guatemala. My in- country coordinators were extremly helpful with absolutely anything. My program was a little ways away from where I was staying, so my coordinator went with me on the first day and showed me everything as to where to go, what to do, what to look for. That was very helpful because otherwise I wouldn't know. I got lost once on my first day by myself, but my coordinators were always just a phone call away and they helped me in any way possible. About half way through the week, I was getting used to the transportation process and what I had to do, but then my program was going to a Sports Complex, which was no where near the school, so I needed to go a different route. I told my coordinator this and they went with me the first day of going to the Sports Complex and told me everything I needed to know. This was my first time abroad by myself volunteering and this was the perfect place for that and the people I was with truly helped make that experience even better. Without the World Endeavors team, I wouldn't have known much about anything when visiting this country and I'm so thankful for their help and that I chose such a great program.