Volunteer in Costa Rica with World Endeavors
World Endeavors Header Image World Endeavors Header Image

Volunteer in Costa Rica with World Endeavors

Great experience

The advisors were helpful and kept in touch. Deadlines and things to keep straight could have been more clear however. Got to know the host family really well and share experiences that I loved to have even though I hadn't foreseen or knew what they were.

Great experience

It was a great experience to volunteer at an emergency clinic in Costa Rica and also to live with a host family. I wish there would have been more volunteers for me to travel with or my host family was more willing to take me places.

Good experience for me

I really enjoyed working with kids and teaching kids English with World Endeavors in Costa Rica. The host family was nice too. And I had a lot of fun. Even though I had some bad memories, over all it's still a good experience for me.

Great experience

All the people within the placement and host family were so kind. I feel as though my host family was a perfect fit. Everyone made sure the experience was very enjoyable. My host family took me in as one of their own. I plan on visiting them within the next year.
Allison was a great help from start to finish, especially when trying to find an orphanage to donate to. All emails were answered quickly and every question was answered to the best of Allison's ability.

For that particular placement, three weeks should be the absolute minimal time allowed to stay. I was finally getting in a routine when I then was flying home. If I could go back and do it again I would stay for longer.

Exceeded expectations

The people I encountered during my whole stay with World Endeavors in Costa Rica really exceeded my expectations. Everyone was friendly and patient, especially considering the little amount of Spanish I could speak and understand.

The people were incredible

Very helpful, quick replies, never got sick of answering questions, very nice! I loved everything about Costa Rica. The people were incredible, the scenery was always beyond beautiful, and the food was great. Having an open mind and going with the flow was the most beneficial thing that helped me.

Excellent, genuine service overall

Timely and frequent communication, great information, and excellent, genuine service overall. I loved my experience and the country of Costa Rica! I only wish the language barrier would have been smaller so that I would have been able to help more and have more of an impact in the community.

Excellent experience

I feel that WE is world class in safety and support for participants while also allowing us the flexibility to thrive in a volunteer site where we actually have passion and experience.

I give the experience 10 stars because my host family, work site, and in-country coordinator were some of the most amazing, supportive people I have ever met. The entire experience was welcoming, safe, and spectacular. I am so thankful for my opportunity to be a part of World Endeavors!

World Endeavors did so much to support me before, during, and after my trip and this exceeded my expectations greatly! The only part of the experience that could be improved is the travel time to and from my work site. Going 45 minutes by bus plus 10-15 minutes walking to and from the bus stop both ways was pretty excessive, and I wish there were a way to have been able to work at a site in Atenas with OT. I understand that Atenas is a small town though so it makes sense having to travel, and I absolutely LOVED the town of Atenas and my host family! Could not have loved them more.

I loved my experience

I did not receive academic credit from my volunteer experience, however my personal goals were exceeded. World Endeavors was the only study abroad organization that I could find online that has Physical Therapy opportunities. I will definitely recommend WE to my physical therapy school classmates and/or anyone who has an interest in volunteering specifically in a physical therapy setting abroad.

Everything about my experience with WE was wonderful. Looking back, I feel that I was well prepared by the WE staff before I entered Costa Rica and once I was in the country, I was well looked after by my in-country coordinator. Although I was the only student volunteer at my site and in Atenas, I never felt that I was left completely alone without help which is greatly appreciated.

I loved my experience so much that I wish I could have stayed longer. I will never forget these memories and THE culturally immersive experience and I hope to take what I learned and continue to volunteer in foreign countries as a physical therapist.

World Endeavors was helpful and accommodating

Traveling to Costa Rica was a wonderful experience. It was great to stay with a host family and get a real sense of the country rather than a "resort" sense. Working at Tortufauna was incredible. I already miss my host family. Getting to travel with my mom and sisters was also an amazing thing. I am so happy to have had this experience!

World Endeavors was helpful and accommodating from start to finish. They helped us find a program that suited all four of us, which was not easy! I am grateful for their help.

Great experience!

Thank you each and all for a spectacularly memorable experience! I wanted to experience and learn about a new country with my 3 girls. And I did!

Everyone - from start to finish at WE - was supportive, attentive, responsive, gracious, and knowledgeable. I felt that, with WE's excellent travel planning, ongoing support, and personalized care, my daughters and I were in good hands!

My experience abroad exceeded my expectations. I expected my experience to exceed my expectations because I didn't go with many expectations in the first place. I know that traveling with few expectations, an open-heart, and an observant mind offers the riches experiences, and I was open to discovering what was in front of me (places to see, people to me, experiences to have). I must say that the added bonus of traveling with my 3 daughters brought me the unexpected surprise of having intimate time to share, discuss, and process adventures beyond what we normally could experience in our busy daily lives. Traveling together was wonderful!