Intern in Thailand with World Endeavors
World Endeavors Header Image World Endeavors Header Image

Intern in Thailand with World Endeavors

World Endeavors was with me every step of the way

World Endeavors from start to finish was with me every step of the way. Despite my inability to respond to emails in a timely manner, my advisor remained attentive to what was going on in Thailand and where I was in my journey.

During my internship in Thailand I had the opportunity to attend and participate in various conferences as it pertained to my field. Outside of my internship I was exposed to authentic Thai culture and cuisine. In addition, the host family was amazing and hospitable, I hope to be able to connect with them again in the near future. Ultimately, my experience abroad greatly exceeded my expectations with having the ability to travel to neighboring countries at the fraction of a cost it would've been had I traveled from home.

I loved the people and workers at the night safari

I loved the people and workers at the night safari - they were very welcoming and generous. The application process was a simple yet thorough process and World Endeavors made sure everything was set up so I had less to worry about.

I liked the whole process

I liked the whole process. I felt like I really got the local experience and learned so much about myself and Thai culture. All of the advisors were friendly but I felt like I had about 4 of them throughout my experience. My experience with the in country coordinator was wonderful. She was extremely helpful and the family was so friendly!

Beyond happy

I am beyond happy that I could experience this journey of internship this summer. I'm thankful to everyone being a part and making my journey possible. It's been the best experience I could ever have. I have not only learned so many lessons throughout my internship but also had the chance to volunteer and teach both children and staff on various topics about my country, India.

My World Endavors advisor is highly responsive and completely helpful. My in country co-ordinator gave all the interns including me plenty of advice that was very necessary throughout our stay in Thailand. I would rate World Endavors 5 stars, for being very receptive and polite in their email and phone conversations with the interns.

Amazing experience

It is not incredibly expensive, but it is an amazing experience. The application process was fairly simple. After I was accepted, the organization made every effort to meet my personal needs as well. I met many new people and experienced an entirely different culture. I many new foods and learned pieces of a new language. The internship itself was very enjoyable as I got to interact with animals I would never be able to see on a daily basis. I learned much about veterinary care in Thailand and I enjoyed assisting at the animal hospital.

Excellent experience

The program helps search countries for the specific internship you are looking for which not many other programs do. World endeavors found me an internship that I asked for, they helped a lot in the process leading up to me going to Thailand, and my coordinators were there for whenever I needed them.
I did not have too many expectations at all prior to coming to Thailand. But the people and the students taught me so much about the culture which made my experience so much better. Plus I connected well with everyone at my program which helped our relationships to grow.

Highly professional and in a genuine

This is not my first time traveling abroad for an extended amount of time so I am somewhat familiar with what to expect; there will be exotic foods, breath taking landscapes, eye opening moments, laughter and confusion when trying to communicate and understand locals. Each place presents its own unique set of experiences. This internship with more than exceeded my expectations because of the work I was doing and the supervisor who was more like a mentor than anything. There is a high percentage chance that if I were to receive an internship within the United States with a local urban planning board, I would have been really doing insignificant, administration work. This internship exposed to me research methods I am familiar with at school but also exposed me to action research. This type of research goes beyond theoretical ideas about urban planning and includes implementing change and influence into an area of experiment or study. This is similar to was people would consider "practice" or bringing theory into reality. I was studying issues have been addressed and eradicated many years decades before in the US. Any internship in the US would have not been able to provide this opportunity to address the most basic and important issues within urban planning - we were on topics of failing economies and water sanitation rather than smart cities and bike paths. My supervisor pushed me into an impromptu speech at a community meeting and an impromptu activity to engage international students into urban planning discussions. Outside of the actual internship, the housing and host family were great. The in-country and out-of-country coordinators were very helpful at all times during my World Endeavors experience. They help me get into an internship program on very short notice, expedited all my document processing, supported me everyday when I asked, and generally assured me of worries I might have had. While in Thailand, the coordinator would constantly ask how things were going, informed on Thai traditions, and provided me with so many places and events to visit - she literally must have sent me at least 30 locations or events during my 2 month stay. Overall, from the internship to the program support, everything was done highly professional and in a genuine manner.

I had an incredible experience

I had an incredible experience in Thailand with World Endeavors. They were great at preparing me for my experience abroad and helping place me in what I wanted to do in the country. I had an incredible experience and learned so much.

Any Program, Anywhere!

World Endeavors was an amazing program to travel through. Not only do they offer many different fields of study/research/intern, they offer them all around the world. I never felt so safe and taken care of by a program before. Not only did I have people in the United States looking after me and checking in on me, I had people in Thailand that I could turn to. Thailand was an incredible country and I had the time of my life! I learned so much through my internship and gained so many professional skills by being immersed in a different culture. I was even able to travel around the country on my spare time. It was a perfect combination of education, experience, and fun!