Intern in Ecuador with World Endeavors
World Endeavors Header Image World Endeavors Header Image

Intern in Ecuador with World Endeavors

I had an amazing time

I had an amazing time and if I was made of money, I'd still be living there. I'd never come home. It's cheaper than any other program around, for studying or interning abroad, you can go almost anywhere you want and do almost anything you want. And I feel I gained more than I would've anywhere else with any other company.

World Endeavors was very sweet and took the time to help explain things to my rather concerned parents. I really appreciated that because it did seem to help a little bit, just to settle their nerves. Not to say we were able to eliminate their worries, but I definitely felt better. It's really more about the people there. My host family was sweet and very caring and my placement coordinators and mentors within the job were generous with their time and understanding the whole time. It's the people that make the place and I couldn't have asked for a more welcoming environment. I came in with an open mind and came home with a change in mindset. A change for the better. I loved every minute of it.

Thank you for everything!

World Endeavors is a professional organization that works alongside you every step of the way, providing you with what you need to thrive and get the best out of your experience abroad. World Endeavors took care of the essentials from the very beginning. When I first reached out with a question, I was contacted within the hour and my question (along with many more) were answered thoroughly and descriptively. I had certain requirements that I needed in order for my internship to count towards my credit, and WE made sure to keep that as a priority as they searched for potential options. The original destination that I had chosen (South Africa) ended up falling through a couple months before I was supposed to depart, and I felt pretty discouraged. But my advisor encouraged me to look into other options, and Ecuador ended up being even more perfect and fitting for me than I could have imagined. Leading up to my departure, my WE advisor was right alongside me, giving me information and always being available to answer any questions. As soon as I arrived in Ecuador, my in-country coordinator was amazing and helpful if I ever needed anything. I was set up with an incredible host family who treated me like one of their own and were gracious with me as I improved my Spanish. With these supports during my months abroad, I felt extremely safe, comfortable, and cared for.

During my time abroad, I had so many amazing experiences. Not only was I able to study, observe, and gain knowledge about my specific field of work (social work) which I needed to complete for my university, but I was also greatly emerged into the Latin culture. Everything that was set up for me before I arrived helped me thrive and get the best out of the time that I had there - including Spanish lessons, my host family, meals provided, my in-country coordinator, etc. I also met incredible people throughout the span of three months, and I truly believe I have gained life-long friends.