Volunteer to Teach English in Rural Thailand
- Childcare & Children
- Community Development
- English Teaching
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
Age Requirement Varies
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
* Administration costs organizing your volunteer program in Thailand with your host school, home-stay and with WorkingAbroad Projects.
* More specific info about the Volunteering experience, including contact info for your host school and instructions for obtaining a visa.
* Info about where to stay in Bangkok, how to get there from the airport, and plans for your first meeting with us in Bangkok
* Basic travel advice and preparation advice before you arrive in Thailand.
* An orientation in Chaiyaphum (a small town between Bangkok and your home-stay) that includes language, culture, and eating!
* Food and accommodation while at your home-stay.
* Access to our staff by phone and email.
* Access to internet at your school or in your village.
* Weekends free to relax and explore.
* Nearby clinics and hospitals that are up to Western standards.
* Access to shops, temples, exercise areas, etc, while at your home-stay.
Salary & Compensation
Teacher training is given on arrival to ensure volunteers know what they need to do and are comfortable
You may apply if you meet at least six of these seven requirements:
* Have a College/University degree
* Are at least twenty years (20) old
* Have some teaching or volunteer experience
* Don't drink or smoke every day
* Likeable personality and tidy appearance
* Outgoing, creative, and independent
* Willing to adapt to another culture
Teaching in rural Thailand does not require any special training. You need to look good, dress well, smile, make jokes, and constantly adapt yourself to new situations.
The motto of this programme is: "Expect the unexpected". If you are not flexible, patient, or adaptable, you will not enjoy life in rural Thailand.
- Written Application