We Volunteer Nepal Header Image We Volunteer Nepal Header Image

Teaching in School

Amazing experience!

I planned to spend a month in Pokhara to teach kids English. It was my first time going outside of Australia and without much knowledge I did not expect it to be such a great experience. People are very nice and friendly and I had an amazing relationship with the host family. The program manager (Bhagwan) provided airport pickup and drop off service, accommodation in Kathmandu as well as transportation to the project site. On my first days Bhagwan took me out for sightseeing, we visited monkey temple, Durbur square and other tourist places. He took me to local restaurants and I tried traditional Nepali cuisine for the first time, and they were delicious! Dal-Baht power 24 hrs :D. For the last week Bhagwan organised a 3 day trekking to Poonhill which was another great experience as I got to enjoy the beauty of nature and the mountains. On my last days in Kathmandu, I stayed at the orphanage and loved the stay there. I would definitely recommend this program to anybody especially if you do not have much experience with volunteering or has not travelled much on their own. :)

• We Volunteer Nepal responded to this review March 04, 2017 at 12:07 AM

Thank you Jisu park for your review of our English teaching volunteer program and support our case in Nepal.