Volunteering in Pakistan with VSO
- Gender Issues
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
Salary & Compensation
no salary, only allowance paid in local currency
South Asian Eminent Volunteer:
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Due to the sensitive nature of this role, the Gender Based Violence expert should be fully conversant with the South Asian Region.
• At least 10-15 years professional working experience
• Senior representative of Parliament, retired senior official of a Law Enforcement Agency, retired senior level Government official, working on efforts to combat GBV, policy advocacy and legislative reforms for gender equality.
• Experience of working with forums, consortia and/or alliances
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in the Pakistan context, demonstrating appropriate cultural and security sensitivity
• Master degree
• Previous experience of living/working in Pakistan, and or the South Asia region
The candidate should have expertise of combating GBV from a developed country perspective and be able to share lessons learned and best practices with the members of the Pakistan Forum for Democratic Policing and be able to compare context, experience and knowledge to that of combating GBV from a south Asian perspective particularly Pakistan specific.
- Online Application