VISIONS Nicaragua
Visions Service Adventures Header Image Visions Service Adventures Header Image

VISIONS Nicaragua

Definitely go with VISIONS to Nicaragua

I went on two VISIONS trips, and both were fantastic. The leaders are engaging, hardworking and fun, the projects truly improve local communities and the locals are incredibly friendly. The Nicaraguan people love to interact with participants, so you can expect great conversation and bettered Spanish skills. There is something for everyone whether it be building, digging, hiking, exploring, swimming, zip lining, chilling with locals, photography, playing soccer or basketball, shopping or trying new cuisine. The VISIONS administration make pre-departure planning easy by answering all questions, providing references and helping arrange travel plans. They even offer group flights!

Taking the time to travel with VISIONS allowed me to stop and see how I, a small part of this world, can make an enduring impact. Spending four weeks outside my comfort zone opened me up to interests I didn't know about and led me to a different academic path. Seeing people who had less than most in the United States made me appreciate the amount of power I possess to change this world's problems while still feeling grounded to my own roots and morals.

Why go to Nicaragua?
The local people are the sweetest, most generous people I have ever had the opportunity of meeting. Even those struggling to provide their families with food and clean water offered what they could with beaming smiles across their faces. Your Spanish will improve through all the interacts you'll encounter and you'll learn about Nicaragua's rich history. Jinotega is a relatively small city but there is plenty to do and the hike to the cross is fairly short with an amazing panoramic view of the city. The weather is not to hot but not to cold so you'll be able to stay outside all day long (as long as you don't mind some rain). The service projects make actual life changing impacts that no one will forget.