V2 - Volunteer & Vacation in the Caribbean
V2 Volunteer & Vacation Header Image V2 Volunteer & Vacation Header Image

V2 - Volunteer & Vacation in the Caribbean

In touch with my roots.

I had visited Jamaica a few
times with my family previously but never really felt I had a true Jamaican experience. You can only see so much of jamaica when you stay in a hotel.

My 2 week experience was amazing. There was a perfect balance between autonomy and protection.

Jade was an Amazing host. Her local knowledge is amazing and she showed me a side of jamaica I never knew existed. She helped me to fall in love with Jamaica.

Working locals helped to put my life into perspective. The work these people do is amazing and it was a privilege to be able to contribute in my own small way.

Thank you to Jade and everyone from v2 volunteers.

You changed my life.

The joy of Jamaica

Jamaica looks every bit as beautiful as the postcards - white sand and blue seas. However, V2 experience allowed me to see below the surface of this picturesque island, how real people live, and struggle, in their economic situation. The history and location of Jamaica have given the country a unique culture. The music, the dancing, the food, the language – I miss them all already! I have come home with so many stories, and new perspectives.
As for the V2 team, I could not have asked for more. Excellent communications, always ready to answer any questions I had. Having volunteered before, I can assure you that the support you receive whilst you’re out there is absolutely second to none. I never once felt unsafe, despite the reputation of the country.

'A real once in a lifetime experience!'

This was my 2nd time visiting Jamaica and I had a great time first visit but felt I didn't get to see the real Jamaica as it was very Hotel/ Resort based. So when I came across V2 it sounded perfect for what I was looking for in terms of seeing a new side of Jamaica and of course getting to work with some lovely people. And to be honest it surpassed my high expectations, it was an amazing experience! From the very beginning it was so well organised (I volunteered before with a lot of big companies around the world and believe me some of the basic things get over looked). So to have a clear itinerary, nice accommodation and then the chance to work with so many cool people in such a beautiful country was a real once in a lifetime experience, that i'd definitely recommend.

Jamaican Dream

It was an incredibly useful experience both for my personal and professional development. I really enjoyed my time in Jamaica because I was able to truly immerse myself in Jamaican lifestyle and understood the particularities of the country and people. I am planning to go back there as a paid employee