USAC NEW ZEALAND: Hawke's Bay - Expedition & Internship
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC NEW ZEALAND: Hawke's Bay - Expedition & Internship

Life Changing

I greatly enjoyed studying abroad; it not only opened many doors, but it gave me new friends from all over the United States and New Zealand. Studying abroad in New Zealand gave me the courage to leave my own state (California), and study at the University of Missouri for a masters degree. I had learned so much in my internship and about a whole different cropping system, that I wanted to continue to learn and work with other crops that I was not familiar with. New Zealand left a mark on my heart, not only did it give me knowledge, new friends, and life time experiences, but it allowed me to meet someone who is now so dear to my heart. The history in that country and the wonderful adventures one as a student can take, really allows you to reach out to all the beautiful places and opportunities this world has to offer. I do plan on returning to New Zealand, and I hope those who study abroad, get to truly fall in love with the country the way I did.