USAC ITALY: Reggio Emilia-Education, Communication & Health
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC ITALY: Reggio Emilia-Education, Communication & Health

The cutest town you'll ever meet

Reggio Emilia is a small town, but it's filled with love. What's good about studying abroad in a small town is that you really get to know the area that you are living in. You're also surrounded with locals, so if you want to learn more about the culture and practice the language, this is the place that you want to be. The coordinators for this program are the best! They're super nice and they will assist you with anything that you need. You'll have a fantastic time if you choose this program.

Best semester ever!

My semester in Reggio Emilia, Italy, was the best of my life. I made amazing friends from across America and the world. I had the chance to travel the country every weekend. I learned more outside the classroom than in it, although the class experiences were great (although it was a little hard to get used to the Italian learning style). 10/10 would recommend this program to ANYONE.

Worth your wild

I had such an amazing time in Italy! Everyone is so nice and attentive! I miss Reggio so much. I highly suggest for anyone to go and take this opportunity to learn yet to find oneself. I really did enjoy the culture and the food. People in Reggio are so nice and you get to learn a lot about the Italian culture.

Reggio Emilia: Why go anywhere else?

Studying in Reggio-Emilia was the best decision I could have made for myself and for my education. The apartment I stayed in was the perfect location, conveniently located to the city center as well as to my classes. Reggio is a smaller town with beautiful piazzas where you will get an authentic Italian experience. The friends I made through the program, as well as the Italian friends, are friends that I will have for a lifetime. The atmosphere of Reggio is very social. I can't tell you how many times the locals walked up to us just to talk (they love to help you practice your Italian too!) What made my experience what it was, was how wonderful the staff was! From the moment I arrived at the hotel that first night, I was greeted with excitement. This excitement for my visit never waivered throughout the entirety of my program. They were always there if I needed help, making sure I got the most out of my experience. They made me feel welcome from the moment I met them. Reggio is a place I hold dear to my heart and am looking forward to the day I can return.

• University Studies Abroad Consortium responded to this review May 19, 2017 at 9:50 AM

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad you enjoyed your time in Reggio!

Memorable moments in Reggio Emilia

This was a once in a lifetime experience for me! My study abroad with USAC in Reggio Emilia, Italy was amazing. This was truly an authentic city & well organized program. The staff is great, very supportive, accommodating, and helpful. I really enjoyed the classes and the built in field trips allowed me to explore many new places I would have never known about. I loved my apartment located in the beautiful city center, it was affordable & because of the perfect location I met tons of locals & really felt at home. Thank you USAC Reggio program & staff!

• University Studies Abroad Consortium responded to this review March 01, 2017 at 6:02 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience, we're so happy you enjoyed Reggio Emilia!

Reggio Emilia-- A great place to live

Reggio Emilia was an amazing city and an experience I will never forget! I felt so at home and the staff was very welcoming to us. The city had little tourists, so it was authentic and felt very real. When I traveled to more popular cities in Italy, I felt like it wasn't the same. Reggio Emilia was my home and I can't wait to return one day.

Not to mention..the GELATO and PIZZA!! Pure heaven :)

An incredible summer

I attended a summer session in 2015 and absolutely loved it. Reggio Emilia is the perfect size, large enough that there are always new streets, restaurants, etc. to explore, but small enough that it's hard to get lost. All the classes involved a fun/informative field trip. The program allowed for a payment plan, which was very helpful for me. In our first few days we received a tour of town and they took us on our first train ride to walk us through the system. It was not highly immersive for me, because I lived in an apartment that exclusively hosted USAC students, but that made it easy to bond with the other exchange students. Overall, I loved my experience.

Student

I was a part of the first Reggio Emilia full semester program. It was life changing and amazing, but it was apparent that we were the first. I did not care for my apartment, nor location, as it was just by the train station and it didn't feel safe. I also had an incident with one of my adviser where I didn't get the help I needed. I loved Reggio.. appreciated how small it was, and I really felt like I was immersed. However, I wish I could have gotten a bigger city experience.