USAC ENGLAND: London - Full Curriculum
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC ENGLAND: London - Full Curriculum

Best experience of my life

I studied abroad in London last fall for a semester and it was, hands down, the best experience of my life. The USAC office was located on my campus so it was easy for me to stop by and ask any questions that I had regarding my program (there were a lot). Having never traveled before, I was understandably nervous about living in another country for three months but my program advisor was helpful throughout the entire process. When I finally arrived in London, I found that it was easier than I had expected to adjust to life in the city. London is a a very international city so people of all walks of life are represented. This means that even though their culture is a little different from ours, it's a lot easier to blend in than it might be in another city. While there, I immersed myself in the culture and fell in love with walking, grocery stores and public transportation. I also enjoyed my school experience at London Metropolitan University. It was definitely different to the US education system but manageable as long as you attend lectures. Even though I left London almost a year ago, I still find myself thinking about it on a daily basis and wanting to return as soon as possible. If you have the chance to study abroad, do it. If you're lucky enough to have your school work with USAC, definitely take full advantage of their help (and attend the field trips in your program location! They're totally worth it.).

Indescribable

I had the most amazing time studying abroad! It is difficult to put into words how wonderful the experience was; to be immersed into a new country with a different culture. I am incredibly grateful for USAC helping me with everything along the way and for providing the opportunity for students like me to have this experience. I had the most amazing time, met some of the best people from all over the world, and visited places I never thought I would!

Kiwi loving life in the UK

My 6 months abroad in London on my student exchange programme were the best of my life so far! I can't recommend living in such an exciting and beautiful city enough. Close to so much history but immersed in innovation and trend-breaking theatre and art, London will capture your love and make you call it 'home'.

The best part of my study experience was the USAC programme because it allowed me, and my fellow exchange students, to see places like Stratford Upon Avon and Greenwich, and even take a ride on the London Eye. This helped me make close friends and encouraged me in my own spare time to explore the city on my own.

One of the best parts about studying in London is its proximity to Europe! I travelled through 12 countries in my short time abroad. Some of my favourite memories include kissing the Blarney Stone in Ireland, travelling the Ring Road in Iceland, having a picnic by the Eiffel Tower, and eating a pizza in Naples. Only a few of the many. If you choose to study in England, make sure you travel further than your own city. Cornwall, Brighton, and Oxford were some of my favourites! I miss it so much already, because it was unforgettable and has had an irreversible impact upon my life. Study in London; you'll always be thrilled that you did.