University San Pablo CEU Header Image University San Pablo CEU Header Image

CEU Practical Introduction to the World of Pharmacy, Madrid

I feel will be very useful in my future

My name is Marie Niyonkuru and i am a pharmacy student at Kings College London. I have been undertaking my practical course in the parasitology and immunology lab of Pharmacy School of CEU San Pablo. From the beginning of my traineeship I was shown many techniques that I hadn’t practiced before including PCR, culturing cells and immunology. While learning these new techniques I was given enough support but also enough independence to feel confident about completing them myself. My focus has been in Cancer study, through this I have become very familiar with immunoflourecense antibody testing, staining techniques and microscopy. These skills I feel will be very useful in my future.

All the skills gained this year will be extremely useful on my independent research project

My name is Sophie Barnett and I go to Cardiff University in Wales, UK. I am currently on practical placement at CEU San Pablo in the biological analysis lab of Pharmacy School. This placement so far has been a great opportunity for me to learn so many useful experimental techniques that have allowed my knowledge of exciting current research to be expanded. Being able to use a vast range of equipment, that had previously never been accessible to me, has improved my general scientific knowledge as well as given me more confidence within a laboratory setting. I have learnt skills in many different aspects including cell culturing, immunofluorescence staining, analysis and PCR. The lab I have joined is full of welcoming and friendly people who made the move not only to a new university, but also a new country, very easy. They make day-to-day life at work enjoyable and have helped me to develop my own research project. All the skills gained this year will be extremely useful when I go into my final year at Cardiff university and work on my independent research project.