CEU Digital Manufacture in Madrid, Spain
University San Pablo CEU Header Image University San Pablo CEU Header Image

CEU Digital Manufacture in Madrid, Spain

Very enriching

I had the chance to participate in the Fabacademy program held in the University CEU, in Madrid. It was a very enriching experience where I discovered a broad range of digital manufacturing technologies. Not only has this course opened my mind in many different ways, but it has also showed me the wide variety of available resources for designing, creating and prototyping an object.

Awesome experience

In 2015 I attended to a digital fabrication 6 months program. I did it while I was on a Masters on Biomedical Engineering.

FabLab MAdrid CEU Digital fabrication lectures allowed to create prototypes of medical devices such as a Low Cost Infant Incubator. These courses taught me that almost anything could be built using this kind of tools, which are ideal for prototyping and analyze easier the weaker points of the design.

This course opened my mind, currently I am involved in some research projects creating new sensors and devices.

Deep experience

The digital fabrication courses taught in the FabLab Madrid CEU not only gave me and awesome experience in "learn by making" but also materials,tool, techniques and theory knowledge that i will have missed in a normal superior educational program.For example Cnc workshops help me to understand how big size machinery works so i could take profit of it and make my own surfboard. The Fab Academy program taught me almost everything so i wouldn't be constrained by the fabrication and tools anymore as i could make almost everything that i could imagine. Giving me the possibility to experiment and mix different fields that i could even dream about it."
Eduardo Chamorro,Fab Lab Seoul Director.