The University of Toronto TEFL Online Course
A kid doing a thumbs up pose A kid doing a thumbs up pose

The University of Toronto TEFL Online Course

Positive experience

I had a great experience working with Teach Away. Their correspondence was nearly immediate and my questions and concerns were always met. The content was very informative and interactive - it was never a dull moment. The program was very enriching and it drove my inspiration in becoming a teacher greater than before. Having graduated the course with the tools and resources it provides, I feel extremely confident as a certified TELF instructor. Thank you!

My experience of tefl Online at the U of Toronto -

I have taken this course between June and August 2013 and then two modules which were Teaching English for Young Learners and Business English.
In a modern environment and completely on-line delivery this course taught me everything I need to have the confidence to apply for a TEFL teaching job. The course has a lot of video and audio that add more to the information and advice from the experts. I think that this course fully covers the theoretical and practical aspects that you might need to know to be a successful teacher. I highly recommend this class especially that it is backed by Teach Away's support for you to find your dream teaching job.

Great course!

I enrolled in the University of Toronto's TEFL Online course as I was looking for an online TEFL certificate that would assist me with teaching abroad. I found the course to be very practical, with lots of useful information and suggestions that I will be able to apply when working with ESL learners. It was great to be able to work at my own pace through the course and I have kept copies of the additional hand outs that are provided throughout the units. Overall, I found this course to be a great addition to my education degree and I look forward to using my new skills when I teach abroad in South America later this year!

• Course Instructor

Loved the course, thanks U of T TEFL!

I signed up for the University of Toronto's TEFL course primarily because the course was developed by - and the certificate is issued by - an academic institution and imagined that U of T would be recognized by employers. I am also in full time employment as was attracted by the fact that the course was self paced.
I loved the course and I learned more than I thought I would! I'm now about to start looking for a position overseas but really feel that I am prepared to start teaching abroad.

Halfway There!

I really enjoyed my experience with the University of Toronto's TEFL Certification Program. The program allows you the time to complete the course at your own pace, which can be really helpful when you're juggling other obligations as well. While I haven't had the chance to put my certificate to use, I feel really prepared for when that time comes, and I'm excited to be in touch with Teach Away to discover what opportunities are out there!

TEFL Online with U of T

Going through the process of a TEFL online certification with the University of Toronto remains one of the toughest things I ever ventured into, but I am glad I did. If I had a little inkling of how tough this online course would be, ... Truth is, I undermined its seriousness and work load. I am so proud I made it through.
Consequently, my congratulations goes to you guys! It isn't easy pulling off such an online course, and always being on ground to monitor and manage it. It was 99% hitch-free. Bravo!

The process was hectic, in-depth and experiential despite the online nature. I loved the assessments. I had to study thoroughly so as to pull through.

I look forward to receiving my certificate in 4-6 weeks. It would be such a pleasure. I look forward especially to teaching abroad soonest! I dare say, I am well-armed!

A walk with ESOL students

I enjoyed this course. The structure, content, guidance ,assessments etc were all well thought out. I would recommend it to any one. Though I sometimes wished it was an in class course. The interaction with fellow students would have made most of the units come alive.

Overall Good

My overall experience with this certificate program was good. I enjoyed the structure of the classes and found the curriculum easy to follow. Exams were not too tricky but still required concrete knowledge of class material. Material was, in my opinion, too theoretical.