Global Health & Human Rights Summer School
University of Geneva - Geneva Summer Schools Header Image University of Geneva - Geneva Summer Schools Header Image

Global Health & Human Rights Summer School

Global health summer school

An engaging and immersive experience that complemented my studies in public health whilst extending my knowledge and development at the global centre of human rights and global health. I enjoyed the diversity - but geographical and expertise - of the faculty and my classmates and found that the course was neither too little or too much.

See health in a whole new way

I am a medical student studying in the United States. I have always been interested in the world of human rights and United Nations, but opportunities to study these topic at home in Mississippi were never available to me. This course allowed me to open my mind to see healthcare from a lens of human right's that has served me well both back at my home institution and in my separate endeavours in healthcare policy in the United States. This experience also allowed me to meet students from all over the world in various healthcare and law professions that I otherwise would not have known. We were able to bond in a way that I never anticipated and have formed lifelong friendships. We had a great balance of free-time and course work. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in healthcare, policy, or human rights or just looking for an experience abroad in a fantastic city!

Geneva summer school

I am law student from Greece. In the recent years,u have been really interested in the field of Human Rights.This interest,combined with my love for Switzerland and traveling/meeting new people,urged me to apply for this program. The staff was well organized and the lecturers were all really willing to enlighten us about their jobs,the connection between human rights and public health.There was a real and meaningful interaction among us the students and with the teachers! I definitely learned a lot of things on this subject! The visit of numerous international organizations was one of the highlights of this program. Aoart from the educational aspect,meeting people from different countries and cultures simply broadens your horizons.Geneva is a very beautiful and safe city,with a lot of options to relax and have fun!