Summer Serve and Learn Spanish in Ecuador
- Animal Sciences
- Food Science & Nutrition
- Social Work
- Building & Construction Projects
- Childcare & Children
- Disability Issues
- Health Care
- Senior Citizens
- Social Work
- Veterinary Science
- Youth Development
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
Open to All Ages
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
- Orientation Tour: 4 days of travel beginning in capital city Quito, and including the famous Otavalo crafts market, visits to Andean communities, and to the Equatorial Line.
- Field Trips: A weekend trip to the UNESCO World Heritage city of Cuenca, Cajas National Park, and the Ingapirca Inca ruins; and a chance to experience the coastal ecology of Ecuador.
- Cultural Seminar: Weekly debrief and guest lecture gives students a chance to deepen their knowledge and understanding of Ecuador.
- Other: Cultural activity such as Latin dance or cooking/volunteer project.
- Homestay with an Ecuadorian family.
- Full use of the university's facilities, including sports complex, buses and doctor's surgery.
- 6 Credits of Spanish and Service Learning.
This short-term study abroad program combines intensive Spanish language instruction, travel and intercultural learning with service placements in community-based organizations in the city of Guayaquil, Ecuador. The Serve and Learn Programs are 4 weeks in length, during the months of June and July.
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application