UNOSD Internship Programme
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Studies
- International Relations
- Political Science & Politics
- Public Administration & Government
- Social Sciences
- Sustainable Development
Open to All Ages
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
Salary & Compensation
Internships with UNOSD offer outstanding graduate students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to the work of the United Nations while making a significant contribution to UNOSD activities and mandate.
To qualify for the Internship Programme of UNOSD, the following conditions must be met:
* Applicants must be enrolled in a degree programme of a graduate school (second university degree or higher) at the time of application and during the period of internship; or
* Applicants pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages must have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree.
In addition, the following competencies will be sought by UNOSD when selecting internship candidates:
* Experience: No prior professional experience is required, although any experience of relevance to the work of UNOSD will be an advantage;
* Working skills: Be results-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines, and to work both autonomously and in team. This includes good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
* Interests: The applicant should however demonstrate a keen interest in the work of UNOSD and a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter;
* Communication: Good communication skills, including the ability to draft documents in a clear and concise manner;
* Languages: Good oral and written command of English is essential. Knowledge of any other of the UN officials languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish or Russian), or Korean, would be a significant asset.
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application