American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
Salary & Compensation
USD 250 monthly stipend (this is enough to live comfortably in La Esperanza as a monthly food budget costs about USD 60) Free housing in the UPAVIM building, and lunch from the UPAVIM kitchen Monday through Friday. Additionally the intern may use their time with UPAVIM for academic credit, fieldwork and research.
Language Skills Required
* B.A. in Early Education, Education, English, International Relations or a related field.
* Experience or desire to live and work in an impoverished urban area
* Complete fluency in spoken and written English.
* Intermediate level of spoken and written Spanish.
* Experience working with children
* Formal ESL or EFL training (not required, but preferred).
* Desire to live and work with the women and children of La Esperanza.
* Able to commit for 6 months (Priority will be given to those who can stay the full year
Bachelor of Arts
- Phone/Video Interview