National University of Ireland at Maynooth
Truman State University Header Image Truman State University Header Image

National University of Ireland at Maynooth

Unreal (In a Good Way!)

I truly stand by my travel abroad experience. I learned so much about Irish culture, Irish studies and even Irish friendships. Not only was the staff at Maynooth University helpful, but they made me feel at home. There was not one moment during my trip where I felt uneasy or upset. Also, the friends you make while traveling abroad will be unlike any other. When you experience another country and culture, the relationships grow faster and sometimes stronger. The program at Maynooth is not too large or too small, so there is definitely enough people to find your niche. Living situations, I thought were perfect for my taste. The single bedroom made coming in late and getting up early really nice because I wouldn't disrupt my flatmates. I loved the living space and common room, too. It was large enough for friends to gather together and have fun. This might sound silly, but I truly have no complaints about my trip. Wait–yes, I do. I wish it was longer. One month wasn't enough for me, I just wanted to stay longer. Other than that, this summer abroad program was FANTASTIC and I truly recommend it to everyone thinking about taking an adventure of a lifetime.