Costa Rica: Heredia, Jaco
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks, 7-12 Months, 9-12 Weeks
Available all year round. Our placements are very flexible, you can choose your own start and finish dates.
No qualifications or previous experience are necessary, but if you have some grasp of Spanish that would be a big help. Everyone is welcome on a Travellers programme, whether gap year, undergraduate, on a career break - or even retired! Minimum age 18. You should be able to adapt to a tropical environment and should also be flexible, patient and have an enthusiastic attitude towards children.
Cost in US$:
Varies depending on length of your stay. Please contact us for more info, or see a full list of all project prices available on our website.
- Pre-departure orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
- Written materials pre-departure
- Written materials abroad
Program Fees Include:
- Arranging your Programme
- Full pre-departure support and assistance
- Payment Protection insurance
- Accommodation and Food (excluding lunch)
- Meeting you at the nearest Airport
- Transfer to your accommodation
- Daily transport to and from your Project
- Local in-country team support and backup
- 24-hr emergency support
- Free T-Shirt
- Certificate of Completion
* Full support from the moment of booking and throughout your placement to your return home. There are support staff 24/7 in all our destinations worldwide and a 24 hour emergency international telephone line direct to the Head Office.
* You'll be met at the nearest airport on your arrival by our in-country manager who will take you to your accommodation and give you a full induction into the area. He/she will also be on call 24/7 and you'll see them frequently.
* Pre-departure you'll receive comprehensive information about every aspect of your placement and necessary preparations, ranging from what to pack, to visa information, to what to do on your weekend travel in the country. Your safety, well being and happiness throughout your placement are our primary concerns and we will keep in touch with you throughout. International flights not included.
We organising unpaid volunteer and Internship experiences overseas, for which participants have to pay to take part in (which covers things like their food, accommodation, airport transfers, transport, support of our local staff etc). We do not arrange paid programmes or employment opportunities overseas.
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- English Teaching
- Street Children
- Youth Development
This placement would suit people who want to make a real difference, want first-hand experience of a different culture and who have initiative. No qualifications or previous experience are necessary, just a good dose of enthusiasm and a love of children! Everyone is welcome on a Travellers programme, whether gap year, undergraduate, on a career break - or even retired! From 18 years old upwards, and all nationalities.
The minimum age requirement is 18 years old up to 70+
This Program is open to
American, European, Canadian, Australian, Asian, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Guest House
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
within 5 working days
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home