- Animal Welfare
- Community Development
- Renewable Energy
- Veterinary Science
The project runs throughout the year with start dates every two months, please contact us for the Project Start Dates. This is a very popular project, so we advise you book very early.
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
The project costs $3,950 for a fixed length of 8 weeks.
- Arranging your Programme
- Full pre-departure support and assistance
- Payment Protection insurance
- Accommodation and food
- Meeting you at the nearest Airport
- Transfer to your accommodation
- Return transfer to the airport at the end of your programme
- Daily transport to and from your Project
- Local in-country team support and backup
- 24-hr emergency support
- Sandakan Tour (subject to change)
- Wildlife viewing day trip on the Kinabatangan River
- Trip to a Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary
- 2 free T-Shirts
- Adoption of an orang-utan
- Certificate of Completion
* Full support from the moment of booking and throughout your placement to your return home. There are support staff 24/7 in all our destinations worldwide and a 24 hour emergency international telephone line direct to the Head Office.
* You'll be met at the nearest airport on your arrival by our in-country manager who will take you to your accommodation and give you a full induction into the area. He/she will also be on call 24/7 and you'll see them frequently.
* Pre-departure you'll receive comprehensive information about every aspect of your placement and necessary preparations, ranging from what to pack, to visa information, to what to do on your weekend travel in the country. Your safety, wellbeing and happiness throughout your placement are our primary concerns and we will keep in touch with you throughout. International flights not included.
- Guest House
- Group living
Salary & Compensation
We organising unpaid volunteer and Internship experiences overseas, for which participants have to pay to take part in (which covers things like their food, accommodation, airport transfers, transport, support of our local staff etc). We do not arrange paid programmes or employment opportunities overseas.
No qualifications or previous experience are necessary, just a good dose of enthusiasm! Everyone is welcome on a Travellers programme, whether gap year, undergraduate, on a career break - or even retired! From 17 years old upwards, and all nationalities. You should be physically fit and able to trek up to 5 kilometres on uneven terrain in humid conditions.
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview