Travel for Teens: Italy Photography - Tuscany and Venice

Travel for Teens: Italy Photography - Tuscany and Venice

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

Italy Photography Trip

I had the most amazing time traveling with TFT this past summer! I came into this trip having taken a film photography class in school but still not knowing/understand the basic mechanics of a camera, and by the end of the trip, I could quickly and comfortably change the settings to capture the perfect picture. Our photography lessons were breif (maybe 15-25 minutes) yet incredibley interesting. We were taught the basics and then day by day were introduced new "mini projects" to keep in mind during the day, such as street photgraphy, portraits, the rule of thirds, framing, ect. Believe it or not I left this trip with over 2,000 pictures! This trip was also the first time I traveled without my parents, and although I arrived at the airport nervous the second, I meet everyone I was instantly put at ease. I instantly become friends with all the girls and we are all still in touch today! Finally I have to give a HUGE shoutout to our head counselor Margaux and our photo teacher Simon. Marqaux was so sweet and funny telling us stories and joining in on our conversations, but she also did an incredible job making everything run smoothly. Simon was incredibly knowledgable and it was pretty amzing being taught by someone who has been feautured in National Geographic! I am so grateful that I found TFT and am already planning what trip I will be going on this upcoming summer!