TFT: Tanzania Service, Adventure and Safari (21 Days)
Travel For Teens participant Travel For Teens participant

TFT: Tanzania Service, Adventure and Safari (21 Days)

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

Tanzania with TFT

This was easily one of my favorite trips I have ever been on. The trip starts in Dar es Salaam, where we get to learn about the country and go to an island to have a relaxing day on the beach. Then we proceeded to Morogoro, where we worked at a local school known as SEGA. Working with the girls at SEGA was such a moving and memorable experience for me. All of the girls at the school were brought there because they could not attend school otherwise for various reasons. It is such an amazing program, and the girls were all so sweet. We got to meet with our small groups every day that we were there, and our activities ranged from Swahili lessons, movie night, and even a spa night. Throughout that week we also went on a beautiful hike and went on our first safari. After an amazing week at the school, the 21 day trip moves into the safari/local tribe portion of the trip. We got to go on two more amazing safaris where we got extremely close to lions, giraffes, zebras, elephants, etc. The local tribe visits were so amazing! You definitely get off the beaten path with TFT; nothing about those visits seemed touristy! The culture and traditions of the tribes were all so unique and interesting. After a few days of camping, tribe visits, and safaris, the group goes to Zanzibar for a few days of relaxing on the beach and exploring.
I would recommend this trip to anyone! It is one of TFT's smaller trips, so our group got to be extremely close throughout the 3 weeks. I loved every second of my trip to Tanzania with TFT, and the staff did a wonderful job of keeping everyone safe and happy!