Travel and Teach Recruiting - Teach English in Korea
Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. | Teach English in Korea Header Image Travel and Teach Recruiting Inc. | Teach English in Korea Header Image

Travel and Teach Recruiting - Teach English in Korea

Hello from Bundang!

When I first applied to Travel and Teach Recruiting, I never thought I would actually be placed. Though I'd worked in education administration, I'd never taught before. Within a few days of applying, I spoke to my recruiter, Niko, and a week after that, I had an interview with my current director! Not too long after that, I found out I had the position. Since then, Niko helped me through the process of gathering all of the necessary documents for my visa and answered so many of my (sometimes silly) questions. It was a great comfort to me, knowing that I had someone looking out for me.

Now I'm in Bundang and loving every minute. The position is a great fit for me and so is this city. I've been here for a month and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I can't wait to see what's in store for me the rest of the year. Thank you, Niko and Travel and Teach Recruiting, for helping me get here!

• Support Services

Great company to use for job placement in Korea

I did a lot of research around recruiting agencies for Korea as I read a lot of bad things on teach in Korea forums. I saw many positive reviews about travel and teach on this site and others and chose them as well as two others companies I won't mention here.

I applied to all three at the same time but I heard back from travel and teach first who then kept in close contact from that point onward. Before I had even heard back from the other two companies, I was already being set up with an interview with one of travel and teach's schools. I was then offered a job and accepted as it was too good to turn down.

I've now been in Korea for 4 months and LOVE it here. I love my school, my coworkers (Korean and foreign) and life here in general. It's exciting every day.

I felt obligated to write a review for travel and teach as they really do what they promise they will do - their service is top notch. I have even received three emails from my recruiter Nicole since I've been here, just checking in to see how I'm doing. I should also note that I have met a lot of people in my area who had really different experiences with the company they went through.

Thanks so much to Nicole and travel and teach. I think I'll be staying longer than one year :)

• Host School or Placement

They have excellent customer service

All of my issues and concerns were addressed by Travel and Teach to my liking. I also enjoyed how they followed up to check and see how I was doing here after I arrived in Korea. This is an excellent service and I will definitely recommend it to other people.

• Support Services

I really have ZERO complaints at all!

A lot of other teachers in my area complain about their job or the way they are treated at school, but I really have ZERO complaints at all! I’m treated well, the students are great and respectful and I am told on an almost daily basis how well I’m doing at teaching by my boss. He and his wife have taken us all out for dinner a few times now, which I thought was very nice.

All information that Travel and Teach sent me about my position was exact, so I couldn’t be happier. I’ve heard that some people get duped by their schools or the company that they went through but this was not at all the case with Travel and Teach. I have and will continue to tell people about them.

Things in Korea are great

I was very happy to have the help that Travel and Teach provided. Nicole, my agent, was on top of everything – even when I was being a little lazy, she kept on me and made sure I got things done so that I didn’t miss my start date (this I learned was very important!). Things in Korea are great – so many people my age who are willing to be friends and do things on weekends. I joined a frisbee league and have traveled in Korea almost every weekend that I’ve been here. Everything is so cheap! Thanks for getting me here – I think it would have been a lot more difficult to do all of this on my own.

• Support Services

Thanks again for your help in getting me here!

I was referred to travel and teach from a friend who had used them twice to find two separate positions in Korea. The visa process went very smoothly (even though I ordered the wrong background check the first time), and my school’s management is great.

The only complaint that I would have are some of the students I teach who are a bit of a headache at times, but I’m learning some techniques for how to control them when they get out of line. The info packets and teacher’s guides that travel and teach provided had really helpful suggestions which are starting to work on the students who are harder to deal with. It’s a bit more difficult as they don’t speak perfect English, but it’s not too too bad.

Thanks again for your help in getting me here! It seems like it will be quite a fun year!

• Support Services

I highly recommend using this company!

I searched on Google and looked for teaching positions online. By doing so, you can receive hundreds of companies which can offer poor placements-making it a horrible time in Korea. I went through my school’s career website and found Travel and Teach, applied, and chose my placement with them! Each step of the way they were there to help and lead you through each task! They constantly were in contact by email or by phone and it didn’t stop once you accepted your position in a school. Now being placed almost a month into my contract, I am loving where I am, the school is great, and Jennifer still emails time to time just to check in on me, making sure everything is going well. I highly recommend this program to those looking to teach in Korea!

My favorite thing about living here is the fact that I don’t know anyone. Yes, you soon find foreigners and are able to spend time with new friends, but the way in which you are on your own, away from family and friends back home is unbelievable!

I highly recommend using this company! I’ve told my friends about Travel and Teach who have already began the process with them.

• Support Services

Great agency to go through!

Great agency to go through! When I first saw this opportunity, I was unsure of how easy it really was to teach in Korea. However, after talking with my agent for a couple of week, their help led me through the entire process. My experience was easy and effortless. Thank you!
In general, teaching is a passion I enjoy. Teaching here is a good experience and a great opportunity to see the world. I really enjoy my co-workers and my director, they make living here so far from home so much easier.

• Support Services

They went above what you needed to do!

All of my concerns were definitely taken care of before I left for Korea! I think there was a point for about two weeks where I was calling the office almost every day with a new question, and every single question I had was answered quickly.

Honestly, I think they did the best they could do. There is only so much a recruiter can help with, and I think they went above what you needed to do! Maybe T&T could set up a network (if you don’t already have one) of other teachers that have gone through your recruiting agency so we could get in touch with each other. That would be kind of neat. Although I didn’t have much trouble finding friends, I know a lot of teachers that spent some time alone when they first got here because it was around holiday. Other than that, you did an amazing job ☺

• Support Services

I’ve been in Korea for 9 years now!

I’ve been in Korea for 9 years now! I never expected things to turn out this way when I signed my first contract, but life in Korea is a bit too much fun! Just wanted to thank Travel and Teach for getting me set up with my first and second school which both treated me as well as I could have imagined. Great service, great school and great support – could not have asked for much more than that from a recruiting agency!

Thank you T&T!!

These guys were great. I was suspicious of the fact that Travel and Teach does not charge a fee for their services like many placement companies I’ve seen, but they delivered as promised. I was really unsure how to get started, visa and all but once I applied, they took right over. I had an interview with my school about a week after applying, got my docs for visa all sorted out and was teaching in Korea before I knew it. Everything has been great and I wanted to thank you guys for all that you do – even checking up with me a few times since I’ve been here. Thank you T&T!!

• Support Services

I’m so happy I found you guys!

Travel and Teach most definitely did as much as they possibly could to prepare me for my time in Korea. Nothing can fully prepare you for being in Korea but Travel and Teach made the process painless and easy from start to finish. I couldn’t even imagine coming here without the help of someone who’s been through it on my side. Travel and Teach took over and led the way. I’m so happy I found you guys!

• Support Services

Great recruiting agency if you're looking to teach in Korea!

I applied to two programs when I started looking for a job in Korea, Travel and Teach and one I won't mention here. The difference from the beginning of the process was like night and day. From the start, Nicole, my recruiter, was there to promptly answer any question I had. She guided me on how to start the visa process and had a job for me to look at within a week. In that time, I had reached out to the other agency a few times but felt like I was bothering them as their answers were short and curt. I decided to go with Travel and Teach instead and am glad I did. My job, the location, my apartment, and the management at my school are all great. I am in a smaller city in the south and love it here.

Since I've been here, I have heard so many stories from other teachers who had a completely opposite experience with their recruiter. I really have no complaints at all about Travel and Teach. This is a great company that I highly recommend.

• Support Services

Overall it was a good match for me and things were done very professionally.

I don’t think any company can get you totally ready for an experience like this. However I think Travel and Teach warned me of what to look out for and also what to expect. I found that most of the information was very true and helpful. I think I was prepared as best as I could be to travel to a new world and see something that I had never seen before.

I was extremely satisfied with their services. Whenever I needed help I would just call or e-mail and someone would respond that day or the next. I felt that the service was very helpful with what to do and how to do it. I liked how the company was very proactive and was willing to get things done for me if I didn’t have the time. The advice from Jennifer was very helpful since she had also taught in Korea and had been through the whole process before. I found it easy to talk to her but also interesting to hear her stories and insights.

I think that the people who come here are willing to take a chance and go out on a limb. Travel and Teach got me ready with the connection to the director which made me feel better. I also liked how they made me feel comfortable with many of the things I would encounter. Overall it was a good match for me and things were done very professionally.

• Support Services

We would definitely recommend using Travel and Teach to anyone.

Travel and Teach prepared us as best they could for an intercultural experience. They were realistic about what to expect from teaching and provided us with enough materials about teaching and Korea in general that we didn’t feel overwhelmed when we got to Korea and started teaching.

Travel and Teach expedites the process of application tremendously. They handle virtually all the details of the trip. They were thorough and explained the process well so that we knew what to expect (for the most part) when we got to Korea. We would definitely recommend using Travel and Teach to anyone interested in this experience as they were really great to work with. We have heard so many terrible stories about other agencies since we have been here, so we feel lucky to have found them.

Teaching for the Seoul

I arrived in Seoul from Toronto in late August (2 months ago). Since arriving I have gone from never having taught in a classroom as a paid position, to being completely comfortable following a curriculum and supplementing materials to make a meaningful learning experience for students. I have met lots of other international teachers and begun making Korean friends too. I have travelled to various parts of Korea during my weekends and gotten to know my new neighbourhood as well. Travel and Teach Recruiting helped me find a placement without any concern of whether I would be paid on time, would have suitable living accommodations, and would be teaching for a reputable company. Not only that, they helped with the whole visa process and all my documentation. When I arrived, my school had Korean staff that helped me get my paperwork in order so I could get my ARC card as soon as possible and be on Korean healthcare, etc. They helped me open a bank account and set up direct deposit too. My work is right across from Gwanghwamun Square - Time Square/ Yonge & Dundas Square of Seoul. They hooked it uuuuuup!!! Thanks to Shane, Niko, Jin and the rest of the T&T team! Dy-no-mite!

• Support Services

I would highly recommend Travel and Teach Recruiting!

This is my third year and third school in Korea, and it's by far been the best experience, from applying to securing the position and starting to teach in the classroom.
Niko, my placement agent, was incredibly helpful and understanding from beginning to end.
The last two schools that I taught at as well as the placement agents I dealt with the secure those teaching positions, were a nightmare.
So to have someone work alongside and support me throughout this whole process was a blessing.
If you want to teach in Korea at a good school through a competent professional placement agency, Travel and Teach Recruiting is your best bet.